Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to Garbageman
Last trip out in the UA my DW found that the plastic splash guard, between the counter and couch was coming loose. I really didn't give much mind and told her I'ld look at when we got home.

Several days after returning home I went to the coach to do some puttering to include fixing the splash guard. The splash guard was missing but not for long when I found it behind the couch. While analyzing the situation I realized there was a 1/4 inch gap between the counter and wall at that end. I looked in the bottom cabinets and found the brackets were pulling out of the cabinet. I will fix this problem with additional brackets. I also noticed when I pushed the cabinet back towards the wall there was a gap at the floor (kick board to floor).

What could have caused this? and do I have bigger problems?

Paul
Garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:21 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Last trip out in the UA my DW found that the plastic splash guard, between the counter and couch was coming loose. I really didn't give much mind and told her I'ld look at when we got home.

Several days after returning home I went to the coach to do some puttering to include fixing the splash guard. The splash guard was missing but not for long when I found it behind the couch. While analyzing the situation I realized there was a 1/4 inch gap between the counter and wall at that end. I looked in the bottom cabinets and found the brackets were pulling out of the cabinet. I will fix this problem with additional brackets. I also noticed when I pushed the cabinet back towards the wall there was a gap at the floor (kick board to floor).

Paul
Old 03-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I just saw your post about your cabinet. Our galley cabinet is also pulling away from the wall inside at the brackets. We noticed this after we had purchased ours last year. Not sure what can be done about it.
Let me know how you fix it.
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Garbageman:

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul,

Is the gap different when the slide is opened then when the slide is closed. It could be a missalined slide causing the gally wall to lean out at the top.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

The slide is on the other side, curb side, the cabinet is on street side, non-slide wall.

I'm taking the coach to the dealer on Thursday for unrelated work. I will try and get some answers then.

Paul
Old 03-20-2007, 11:45 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Garbageman:
The slide is on the other side, curb side, the cabinet is on street side, non-slide wall.

I'm taking the coach to the dealer on Thursday for unrelated work. I will try and get some answers then.

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul,

The only other thing that I can think of is not very good. I see a lot of coaches brought down here to Florida from the northern states and on too many the coach body cross members are starting to collapse due to damage from road salt. I see this mostly on the coaches from the mid to late nineties. If the bin frames get too much salt damage the weight all starts to bear on the sheet metal cross member and it starts to crack and sag where it goes over the frame rails of the chassis. When it gets really bad you will see very noticable humps in the floor especially where you are walking over the one that is collapsing.

Hope that is not the case here. Let us know what the dealers inspection reveals.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:43 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Oregon doesn't use road salt on those occasional snowy/icy days so that type of corrision isn't present. I have crawled under the coach and haven't seen any sign of rust. I looked down the side of the coach and didn't notice any delamination or deformities. I am at a lose but I guess I'll know more after I get the coach to the dealer.

Paul
Old 03-22-2007, 06:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Well it sounds like either the wall and the floor are no longer at a 90 degree angle or the cabnet wall and cabnet floor is not at a 90 degree angle. Since your cabnet is tight against the wall but has a gap on the floor the one thing for sure is that the angles of the floor/wall do not match the angle of the "cabnet back"/"cabnet bottom".

I would put a shim under the front of the cabnet bottom so the weight is not all being held by the brackets on the wall. otherwise it might just pull away again.

Seattle, WA
rvcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote