Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2008, 05:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I just wanted to give Kudos to Gaffney Freightliner Service Center. First of all,they have one fine facility, not to mention the friendly knowledgeable staff. They have a great waiting area that offers Wifi and alot of friendly people. Pat,in the office goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome. The techs treat you with the upmost respect, and they actually know what they are doing. We came in on June 26th for M-3 maintenance, wheel alignment, and a few warranty issues (they found). They even worked two hours overtime to get us out that same day as Pat knew we had to be somewhere (with no attitude).These people wrote the book on service.
We will definitly travel out of our way to come to Gaffney Freightliner when we need service again!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I just wanted to give Kudos to Gaffney Freightliner Service Center. First of all,they have one fine facility, not to mention the friendly knowledgeable staff. They have a great waiting area that offers Wifi and alot of friendly people. Pat,in the office goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome. The techs treat you with the upmost respect, and they actually know what they are doing. We came in on June 26th for M-3 maintenance, wheel alignment, and a few warranty issues (they found). They even worked two hours overtime to get us out that same day as Pat knew we had to be somewhere (with no attitude).These people wrote the book on service.
We will definitly travel out of our way to come to Gaffney Freightliner when we need service again!
Old 07-14-2008, 05:21 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I'll second that. If at all possible it is the place to be for service.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:33 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I absolutely agree. Gaffney is a great place to get service and the folks there are wonderful.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
doc
Winnebago Owner

Gotta add my amen to that as well. Super nice staff and very knowledgable.
We were headed to Virginia in a new coach a couple of months ago and the smartwheel information screen just went blank. It showed the lights on bright and the ABS light was on. We were about 12 miles from Gaffney and I called Pat for advice. These folks were busy, but she said, 'bring it on in and we'll see what we can do'. They worked us in and within an hour of our arrival they had two techs working on the coach out in the yard. Replaced the module and test drove it. Found a short in the horn wires and repaired that as well. Then the tech did a sit-down with us and told us what they found, what was wrong and what they did to fix it. It was getting late when they finished up, so they invited us to stay the night in the hook-up area. We declined but have stayed there in the past. Great folks and great place to overnite
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I will add my concurrence also concerning the great service they perform on your chasis.
I also would like to mention that a couple of months ago I attended their Camp Freightliner at the Gaffney facility. It is a two day class, no hands on, that I learned more about my coach/chasis/dash, etc, etc, in two days than I have in a 18 months of reading and talking to people. I would definitely recommend that any newbie, or not so new, that wanted to learn things about their coach, assuming you have a Freightliner chasis, to take the course. It cost $100, they provide all materials, including cds, they serve you lunch both days and dinner the one night you are there. They have discounts for hotels or RV parks in Gaffney. Plus the President of Freightliner Chasis came into our class and spent the afternoon answering questions. All needed information can be obtained from the Freightliner Chasis website.
Be advised that if you want maintance done on your coach while attending the class, you need to make your maintance appt. months in advance to insure you can get those exact date of the class you will be attending.
My class was full, husband and wives, and I was amazed that RVer had flown into Gaffney from all over the country just to attend Camp Freightlliner. It's the best $100 you will ever spend and it doesn't matter what year your coach is either.
NCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:36 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Its too bad there is only one Gaffney. They are a long ways from Oklahoma and that's not an area we go to more than once every 5-6 years. Keep hearing about the excellent service
results and makes me want to get there more and more. I have an intermitent problem with my 2004 Freightliner that has bugged me since the unit was a year old and the local FL shops can't find it.
Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:01 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I'll add my attaboys for the Freightliner Service Center and its staff. Attended Camp Freightliner in March after The Rally in Perry and had the coach's front checked while I was there. Absolutely a great school and well spent $100. Made an appointment before I left for my two year M-3 service this past month. When I leave there, I feel confident that my coach has been properly serviced or repaired and I don't have to worry about if something is going to leak or fall off. Add to that, you coach is still clean when they are finished. Believe me, that's a big big plus with DW.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Its too bad there is only one Gaffney. They are a long ways from Oklahoma and that's not an area we go to more than once every 5-6 years. Keep hearing about the excellent service
results and makes me want to get there more and more. I have an intermitent problem with my 2004 Freightliner that has bugged me since the unit was a year old and the local FL shops can't find it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We, too have had a great experience in Gaffney. They mounted anti-sway bars on our RV and we were very pleased with our treatment and with the result.

To your point about how other shops cannot live up to the quality of service that Gaffney can provide, we all need to point at least part of the blame for that situation towards Freightliner. They are very aware that even the Oasis shops are basically truck repair facilities and not used to dealing with MHs (where that is a large percentage of what Gaffney deals with.) The level of the documentation that Freightliner provides has a lot to do with the the FL dealers ability to provide reliable service. Those of us who use Access Freightliner, the computer application that is supposed to provide specific information about our chassis, know how inadequate it is for everything except parts. I've had several very specific intermittent problems and it took months of questions to FCC technical support to get the right diagram and the right corrections to that diagram to allow me to troubleshoot my problems. I'm confident that I understand a lot more about how the speedometer circuits work on my MH, for example, than any FL dealer tech ever will. They simply cannot spend the time that I did working through all of the missing and incorrect information.

Of course, in the end, it comes down to us. We grumble about the poor results that we get from FL dealers but are not demanding that FL fix it. They could. With proper documentation and good education, FL dealers could provide at least adequate service. That all costs money, however, and it isn't high enough priority for Freightliner to spend it. JMHO.

Charlie
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:47 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Where did you guys stay when visiting Gaffney. That CG nearby or onsite @ Gaffney. I thought they had some hookups at the facility. We are scheduled to attend the training class on 10/13&14 and have a mtce appt for the 14th.

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
HeresLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:17 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

The onsite campground is for appointments for service, and the campground back a few miles off I-85, Pine Cone Campground is where they send a bus to pick you up for the classes. You don't need an appointment to park at the Service Center, just pull in and pick a spot. They only have electric but do have a water and dump station when you pull in. Pine Cone Campground, I would make a reservation
Old 07-18-2008, 07:19 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Lucy:

There are many sites at the new service center...all have electricity and there is a dump station/FW fill as you enter the parking area. As previously noted, those sites are for folks with service appointments.

Now, here's Lucy:

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smlranger:
Lucy:

There are many sites at the new service center...all have electricity and there is a dump station/FW fill as you enter the parking area. As previously noted, those sites are for folks with service appointments.

Now, here's Lucy:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Lucy! You are adorable.

Tks for the info guys.

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
HeresLucy is offline   Reply With Quote