Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Gaffney?

Since I was unable to get any maintenance record at all for 2008 Destination we purchased I figured a baseline has to be established. To that end I have a appointment to have a m3, alignment and a few other things done at Gaffney the week after Thanksgiving.

I've been told they will need the rig for a couple of day's so what to do, where to stay? Anybody have some thoughts?
Fastcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:10 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

You can stay in their back lot. Electric only. We arrive the afternoon before; they will be ready to start at 8am.

If you're arriving Sunday, call Pat at the service center and she will give you instructions.

We enjoyed breakfast at Café & Ice Cream Parlor « Strawberry Hill U.S.A. and its the only restaurant I'll have ice cream after breakfast.

Theres always the Outlet Mall nearby that your wife can enjoy playing cards at...Visa, Mastercard, Amex, etc.

We enjoyed a few hours at the Cowpens National Battlefield one afternoon.
Cowpens National Battlefield (U.S. National Park Service)

Maybe this will get you started.
Elkhartjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I'm of the belief that there is a good chance that it will be there a couple of days and won't be available to sleep in. It may very well be hotel time, any suggestions?
Old 11-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I can almost guarantee you will be able to sleep in your coach. I've been there twice, first time for emergency service and the second for Camp Freightliner and M3 service. They have always had the coach usable for me by 5 pm. On these two trips, I don't recall them ever keeping a mh in the shop overnight.

If you have doubts, call Pat and she can confirm you can/cannot sleep in you bed while there for service. FCCC Service & Training Center

There are many hotels within a few miles of the service center. Gaffney Hotels, Motels - South Carolina SC - Gaffney Hotel Discounts
Old 11-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

You need to talk to Pat at the service desk. The two times we were there they brought the coach out in the evening so that you could remain overnight. We had an M3 and alignment and it did run into the next day. These are great folks and the do a very good job.

We also enjoyed Cowpens.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Agree with the above...you will most likely be able to use your coach at night. If you want a good steak dinner, drive west from the service center on Rt. 11 (Chesney Highway) to a little restaurant called the Rt. 11 Diner (I think that is the name). Pat can tell you the specifics. Great food in a simple but friendly atmosphere.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Fastcar, have you noticed one common word? Pat. You'll quickly learn she is much more than a southern voice that answers the phone, she makes it all happen and the techs know it.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Agree with the above...you will most likely be able to use your coach at night. If you want a good steak dinner, drive west from the service center on Rt. 11 (Chesney Highway) to a little restaurant called the Rt. 11 Diner (I think that is the name). Pat can tell you the specifics. Great food in a simple but friendly atmosphere.
A good steak??? Now that is something I can really go for. That is the one thing here in FL that is about impossible to find imo.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Fastcar, have you noticed one common word? Pat. You'll quickly learn she is much more than a southern voice that answers the phone, she makes it all happen and the techs know it.
Yup, I picked up on that, seems real pleasant and proficient. If she is any indication things should be just fine.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Are you a member of FCOC, Fastcar? If so, you get a discount of 10% on parts and labor or 15% if work is performed Dec 2011 through Feb 2012.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:17 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Are you a member of FCOC, Fastcar? If so, you get a discount of 10% on parts and labor or 15% if work is performed Dec 2011 through Feb 2012.
Now that you mention it I have attempted to join a couple of times and haven't been able. I've emailed and no response. Can't seem to find a phone number, so the answer is no, I'm not a member, not for a lack of trying though.

I finally managed to enroll or join!! So upon confirmation I will be a member
Old 11-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastcar View Post
Now that you mention it I have attempted to join a couple of times and haven't been able. I've emailed and no response. Can't seem to find a phone number, so the answer is no, I'm not a member, not for a lack of trying though.
Try this Membership link. I know you can renew your membership with Pat at the service center. I'm not sure about joining.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

I was able to join through Pat and just so you know the service center is next to the Junior college and not at the plant which is several miles away.

Don
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

I was finally able to get a membership application through and did recieve a confirmation that it was recieved. So I think all is good.