Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2006, 07:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

has anyone ever pulled thier furnace out and worked on it? I have a 2001 Itasca sunrise 30w, and the furnace just doesn't seem to be working correctly. When it's running the best I can get out of the front heat regestar is about 92 deg F. I guess I want to know how hard it would be to take out and check a damper (winnebago told me about) and a limit switch.

Seattle, WA
rvcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:38 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

has anyone ever pulled thier furnace out and worked on it? I have a 2001 Itasca sunrise 30w, and the furnace just doesn't seem to be working correctly. When it's running the best I can get out of the front heat regestar is about 92 deg F. I guess I want to know how hard it would be to take out and check a damper (winnebago told me about) and a limit switch.

Seattle, WA
Old 02-06-2006, 08:41 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I have pulled the furnace on a couple of different RVs. Some are more diffuclt then others. When you go back in with the furnace, be sure you get the ducts lined up and connected to the furnace. Some of them you may be working strictly by feel. Also, be sure and pressure test the gas connection for leaks.

Ken
Old 02-06-2006, 09:35 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

You will never get a lot of heat from front registers. That is a big Winnebago problem. Most of us have replaced rear registers with the adjustable damper type. So you can force more heat to the front.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I have already replace the 2 back registers with adjustable types and get plenty of airflow, it's just that the airflow is not all that hot.

Seattle, WA
Old 02-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvcarpenter:
I have already replace the 2 back registers with adjustable types and get plenty of airflow, it's just that the airflow is not all that hot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too much airflow can be as bad as too little. With a cooling duct this can help with the cooling process because of the pressure drop when the air passes though the register however on a heating duct the venturie effect could cause a temprature drop, so I have been told.

Regards,

Neil
Old 02-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

The 92 degree heat maybe all it will do, but you need to remember its much hotter at the furnace outlet. If the vent outlet gets too hot it could burn you if you touch it or a child.
I would say if not enough to heat it as well as you want it too I think I would look at better insulating to RV under the bottom, or the sides if possible any areas that some insulation could go into with out restricting areas that require ventilation such as behind the Refridgerator. Some areas are a fire hazard is blocked too much.

DFW, Texas
Dougmyers is offline   Reply With Quote