Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Full wall slide will not full retract

Have a 2010 Winnie 35 P that is not retracting fully on the aft end. When bringing in the slide, the fwd end of the slide seats perfectly.....the aft portion comes to within an inch and a half from full seating. I have tried the manual portion as prescribed in the manual, but with no luck.
Mechanically the motors work perfectly.......everything goes in and out like it should, but just the aft end of the slide seems out of sync.
Any help from Winnebago has been the repeat of the manual instructions.......am hoping I can get some suggestion as to a remedy before bring it in for repairs
Thanks for any help
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Depends on the system underneath. You will have to bring that end in by itself. Manually or electrically, just independent from the other end. Then possibly recalibrate the system.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Is yours the Schwintek type system? I cannot tell from Winnebago docs if your model has this system or not. The Schwintek system has gear tracks that you can visibly see at the top and bottom of the slide room outside edges when it's extended - looks like this:

Old 01-19-2014, 06:13 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Make sure cabinet doors are fully closed and look for other obstructions inside.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:22 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94-Newmar View Post
Is yours the Schwintek type system? I cannot tell from Winnebago docs if your model has this system or not. The Schwintek system has gear tracks that you can visibly see at the top and bottom of the slide room outside edges when it's extended - looks like this:
The slide is on 2 geared tracks and a third track which is a believe a centering track with no gears........(power gear/kwikee)

I have tried to manually move the slide after disconnecting the power to the motor as per instructions to disconnect prior to manual method with a socket/breaker bar and it won't budge.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:35 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Ok. Good!

Is this yours?
http://support.powergearus.com/techd...0001344_OE.pdf
Old 01-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

R u getting a fault code on your slide out control panel?
Old 01-19-2014, 07:53 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Thank you 94 Newmar the info you sent me, will be of great help.......when I get to a RV park where I can do some of the procedures, I think I can resync the aft track.
I see why I could not just ratchet the motor....it has a safety lock which has to be disengaged in order to turn.

I plan to disconnect the aft motor.....disengage and manually ratchet the aft track to make full closure ( approx 1 5/8 inches) reconnect the aft motor.....hopefully this will resync itself from that point. Since it is only the aft portion of the slide, i will do nothing to the front motor.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:56 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakewoodpaul View Post
R u getting a fault code on your slide out control panel?
No fault codes.....everything works fine except the aft portion of the slide is 1 5/8 from compression of the seal
Old 01-19-2014, 07:58 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Look in the compartments.. are yours connected front/rear with square tubing from each motor?
Old 01-19-2014, 09:14 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Look in the compartments.. are yours connected front/rear with square tubing from each motor?
Yes........square tube from motor with the gear attached to the bottom of the tube.
I did locate the release mechanism thanks to the website info you sent.
I am not in any position to do anything right now, I am relocating tomorrow, and will probably tackle the chore the next day

Thanks again 94 newmar
Old 01-19-2014, 09:52 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Ok great. Check the bolts that connect the square tubes at each end. I suspect that the one is bent over quite a bit. I think once you see it you'll understand the next course of action :-)
Old 01-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2009 Winnie 32h. with full wall slide. On the controller where you press the in and out buttons there is a small hole that will put the slide motors in manual mode. Use a small pin and depress the recessed button for 5-10 seconds till the red light starts to blink. Then you can press the right button for the rear motor to manually retract and the left button for the front one. Mine get out of sync a lot. There are 2 separate motors that use a reluctor to count the revaluations of both motors to keep them in sync. I just us this manual over-ride to make sure that both the front and back are fully retracted. Let me know if this helps. -Dom
dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:26 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2009 Winnie 32h. with full wall slide. On the controller where you press the in and out buttons there is a small hole that will put the slide motors in manual mode. Use a small pin and depress the recessed button for 5-10 seconds till the red light starts to blink. Then you can press the right button for the rear motor to manually retract and the left button for the front one. Mine get out of sync a lot. There are 2 separate motors that use a reluctor to count the revaluations of both motors to keep them in sync. I just use this manual over-ride to make sure that both the front and back are fully retracted. Let me know if this helps. -Dom
dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dali View Post
I have a 2009 Winnie 32h. with full wall slide. On the controller where you press the in and out buttons there is a small hole that will put the slide motors in manual mode. Use a small pin and depress the recessed button for 5-10 seconds till the red light starts to blink. Then you can press the right button for the rear motor to manually retract and the left button for the front one. Mine get out of sync a lot. There are 2 separate motors that use a reluctor to count the revaluations of both motors to keep them in sync. I just use this manual over-ride to make sure that both the front and back are fully retracted. Let me know if this helps. -Dom
Dom
We just arrived at our new location.......had a chance to look at the full wall panel and after looking very carefully, I did not see the small hole you mention. I know I have a reset button on the back side, and have utilized it as per instruction to resync the slide, each time I have tried to do this I have been unsuccessful.
Tomorrow I plan to try the manual method of applying a ratchet to the motor, and trying to draw the slide in till the seal compresses
Old 01-21-2014, 08:53 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

The slide had physical stops that it closes against. They are bolts the the end of the ram arm stop against. See it it is just that they came loose and spun out. With the slide extended you can see them.
forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest View Post
The slide had physical stops that it closes against. They are bolts the the end of the ram arm stop against. See it it is just that they came loose and spun out. With the slide extended you can see them.
To make sure the slide hit the stop, I wrapped the bolt/stop with masking tape to check if the slide was going to hit the tape....I expected it to at least touch.....but it did not touch the tape and leave any indication that it did.
The bolt/stop is pretty easy to get to, it's right in plain sight...and was tight.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by corjaguar View Post
Thank you 94 Newmar the info you sent me, will be of great help.......when I get to a RV park where I can do some of the procedures, I think I can resync the aft track. I see why I could not just ratchet the motor....it has a safety lock which has to be disengaged in order to turn. I plan to disconnect the aft motor.....disengage and manually ratchet the aft track to make full closure ( approx 1 5/8 inches) reconnect the aft motor.....hopefully this will resync itself from that point. Since it is only the aft portion of the slide, i will do nothing to the front motor.
After a lot of thought, I wondered why the compression of the aft slide was compressed correctly.....the front slide was also compressed correctly when fully deployed.
If I were to do the manual crank of taking in the aft slide by about an inch, wouldn't that make the compression of the aft slide less compressed?.....my hands say to do it, but my head saids to make sure of my action....I don't want to regret it.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

If you have not done so yet, try this. Push the extend button just long enough to barely move the slide. Then push and hold the retract button. This is a procedure used to re-syncro the slides. May have to do it a couple of times, but no more than that.
forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #20
Winnebago Master

AS Dali stated about the hole. I use a toothpick with one pointed end. I break the head off the toothpick and use it. I just don't like putting metal objects in a hole.

Watch the floor portion of the slide when you start to bring it in. If one side starts before the other it is out-of-sync. You can push that little hole reset until the light blinks and then walk them in but never more than 2 inches on any one side. That should re-sync it.

Check your brake lever. I believe it should be counterclockwise for operations but your manual will tell you.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote