Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-02-2016, 08:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
full wall slide

My coach is a 2013 model and as such has the two track slide system by Lippert.
This slide has broke twice. It needs a three track system. Has anyone had this same problem? I am told the two track is breaking due to the weight of the slide. It is breaking pieces on the tracks. I am new to this forum and would appreciate any additional insight. Thank you.
Anchor man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner
 
Ranger Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Where the Rig is Parked
Posts: 233
What type of rig. I have a full wall slide on our Winnebago and it works 100%. Never had a problem with it.
__________________
Steve and Joy
2011 Itasca Meridian 40u
Where we are now
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor man View Post
My coach is a 2013 model and as such has the two track slide system by Lippert.
This slide has broke twice. It needs a three track system. Has anyone had this same problem? I am told the two track is breaking due to the weight of the slide. It is breaking pieces on the tracks. I am new to this forum and would appreciate any additional insight. Thank you.
In all likelihood the slide is misaligned to the opening in the wall rather than being too heavy. I would strongly suggest you take it to the Winnebago factory service department in Forest City IA. for repairs.

Our full wall slide was repaired once and failed a second time. When we took it to the factory for repairs they found the slide was not square to the wall opening. It was high at the rear causing a poor alignment of the gears and racks at the front (pinched at the top, and barely engaging at the bottom).

They removed the slide, removed and repositioned the body mounted roller at the rear, and added another roller under the kitchen island. In addition they replaced the motors, drive assemblies, and racks. It's been a little over a year since the repair was made and so far all is working well.
__________________
Hikerdogs
2013 Adventurer 32H
Hikerdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:44 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Full wall slide

My rig is a 2013 Itasca meridian 34 B. The full wall slide is the kitchen slide. The slide extended well but retracted to all but a 1 inch gap on the aft end. Had track , gear and motor repaired and replaced in May 16. In July 16 upon retraction did the same thing. Motor ok but gear and track broke. Winnabago has now gone to a three track system on the newer models I understand because of the problem. My repair guy said two track system not good and will just break again recommending three track system.
I have had this coach since new and never had the problem. This seems unusual. Thanks for all the input. R/
Anchor man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:05 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner
 
MutinyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Saddlebrooke, AZ
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor man View Post
My rig is a 2013 Itasca meridian 34 B. The full wall slide is the kitchen slide. The slide extended well but retracted to all but a 1 inch gap on the aft end. Had track , gear and motor repaired and replaced in May 16. In July 16 upon retraction did the same thing. Motor ok but gear and track broke. Winnabago has now gone to a three track system on the newer models I understand because of the problem. My repair guy said two track system not good and will just break again recommending three track system.
I have had this coach since new and never had the problem. This seems unusual. Thanks for all the input. R/
WGO is now upgrading the Schwintek to Powergear slide mechanism on a case by case situation....you may be able to get that upgrade...there have been several on this forum that have had that upgrade done at either Forest City, Junction City, OR and there may be a few dealers doing that upgrade as well now. I would give WGO a call.
Good Luck!!
__________________
2009 WGO Tour 40TD
2012 Honda Fit Sport 5sp
Saddlebrooke, AZ
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 6
We've got a full wall slide in our Journey. At the Winnebago Country Coach factory in Oregon now getting repairs. They are replacing the slide unit entirely with another Lippert system that is suppose to be an upgrade from the original design. Was hoping for the Powergear retrofit since I haven't heard of any failures after that was done. But with Winnebago picking up the tab, can't really complain. Just hoping that this is the last time I have to deal with the slide.

Leon

2014 Winnebago Journey 36M
Oak Harbor, WA
periopnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:57 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner
 
audvid1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 52
We just left the factory in Forest City this afternoon and they replaced the kitchen slide Lippert with the power gear track system.
I was a little worried since there were 2 others customer there that had the power gear retro fit installed, one couple had theirs done last Friday and it failed over the weekend and had to drive back to factory on Monday to get it repaired again.
Another couple has had theirs replaced 5 times so far and was back again.
We made it to Altoona tonight and it worked perfectly, so hope it keeps up working.
__________________
Paul & Debbie
2013 Journey 42E
audvid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:21 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper
 
Todd7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 11
Hello,
When you speak of 3 track system do you mean 3 drive motors or 2 drive with a support roller.

Thanks
__________________
_________________________________
Todd & Mary
2012 Itasca Suncruiser, 32H, Ford F53, V10, towing Honda CR-V
Todd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:31 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner
 
Yellowboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 224
I have a 2016 Sightseer 33C with three slides.
Two of the slides are Power Gear.

The smaller bedroom Power Gear slide broke as we were leaving the GNR. Winnebago fixed the slide. They said that a motor had come loose.

Now that I'm out of warranty the large Kitchen Power Gear slide is broken. I noticed the rubber seal was coming loose. My dealer says that the slide mechanism is bent and has to be replaced. Winnebago will cover the repair under a good will warranty.

I hope that Power Gear slides don't end up as problematic as Lippert.

Safe travels. JD
__________________
JD & Kathy and our pom "Mac"
2016 Winnebago Sightseer33C built on a 2016 F-53 Chassis
2009 Saturn Vue
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:27 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Leesburg, Fl
Posts: 157
Send a message via AIM to ed rzepka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
I have a 2016 Sightseer 33C with three slides.
Two of the slides are Power Gear.

The smaller bedroom Power Gear slide broke as we were leaving the GNR. Winnebago fixed the slide. They said that a motor had come loose.

Now that I'm out of warranty the large Kitchen Power Gear slide is broken. I noticed the rubber seal was coming loose. My dealer says that the slide mechanism is bent and has to be replaced. Winnebago will cover the repair under a good will warranty.

I hope that Power Gear slides don't end up as problematic as Lippert.

Safe travels. JD
Keep us us posted. I am curious as to how the slide mechanism got bent.
__________________
2016 Winnebago Sightseer 33c
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
ed rzepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:53 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner
 
747Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Vacaville, Ca
Posts: 99
Just at La Mesa in Davis, Ca. The parts department folks said they have ordered a bunch of new gear systems for warranty repairs. So, they are spinning up for the repairs. We just bought a "used" 2016, 35P Adventurer, hope it has the newer system. Pick it up in two weeks.
__________________
Chris and Sharon Dellinger
2016 Adventurer 35P, F-53, 24K
2000 Ford Ranger Toad
747Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
slide


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Full wall slide problem 2014 Journey Jim Bob Winnebago Class A Motorhomes 48 07-19-2014 05:09 AM
Full wall slide will not full retract corjaguar General Maintenance and Repair 27 04-05-2014 02:51 AM
Full Wall Slide LOUD scrapping noise jwd53 General Maintenance and Repair 9 04-06-2013 07:31 AM
Full wall slide reliable? Mortgagehomes General Maintenance and Repair 7 07-26-2010 09:40 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.