Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I picked a rock to the drivers side front window upper left top which resulted in a small chip and crack.
Has anyone got a suggestion for a repair company here in the So. Calif. area?
Thanks in advance for your help.

2004 Adventurer 33' W20 03Chassis, 4 Koni's, Ultrapower/Taylor Wires
BobD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I picked a rock to the drivers side front window upper left top which resulted in a small chip and crack.
Has anyone got a suggestion for a repair company here in the So. Calif. area?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

BobD;
I just did the same thing coming back from Hemet in March. I called my insurance company. They sent in a glass service co. to see if it was repairable. If it was repairable then they would have repaired it NC. After inspection it was determined not to be repairable so my insurance turned it over to Duncan Systems. They located a repair service in our area to replace the windshield and I paid the deductible to the Duncan Systems and my insurance paid the difference to Duncan.

Most insurance companies have a policy to repair it at no charge. You did not say if you had glass insurance or not. If you do I suspect they will make the arrangements for you.

Good Luck;
Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:23 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Recently had the same happen to pax side windshield; a star about the size of a half dollar. Insur co (USAA) paid for repair, which was done (injected) in less than five minutes by an auto glass repair outfit at my RV site. So far, the cracks have not migrated.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thudman & Petro,
Thanks for the information I will call my insurance on Tuesday and see what they have to say.
Thanks again.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Ditto Thudman and Petro. I had a crack on a C Class windshield and the insurance Co. fixed it free. Ins. company was 21st Century. They sent repairman out to storage, took care of it in 5 or 10 minutes.
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:29 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

The fix is not exactly free Fakrwee. I found out when we applied to change insurance. When they pulled the insurance data base, it showed we had two claims, both were undefined. when we checked them out, it was two "free" windshield repairs on the cars. So it will show on your record as a claim.

Ken
Old 05-28-2007, 12:17 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Well what do you know. I have the samething going on. I will be calling Tuesday. Anyone know how long it takes to get one replaced.

Thanks Tcloud

https://irv2.com/photopost/data/2/1029VAC_2004_4_139-thumb.jpg
Tcloud7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Last fall, I had chips and small cracks in both windows -- met a dump truck filled with gravel and some of it came off at the wrong time. I called the insurance company (Progressive) and within the hour, Duncan was in touch with me. One week later, the local glass shop had both windows and they were replaced (the install took about 2 1/2 hours to do. I guess I was lucky as when they started to remove the driver's side window, they found that it had not been primed correctly and had not adheared correctly. The glass man was surprised that it had not just fell out on me. We had bought the motorhome last fall so I did not know that the window had been previously repaired.

The Duncan repair is guaranteed and they hold the guarantee at their location and in case you have a later problem with the window or install, they can direct you to a local rep to get it fixed.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TXiceman:
The fix is not exactly free Fakrwee. I found out when we applied to change insurance. When they pulled the insurance data base, it showed we had two claims, both were undefined. when we checked them out, it was two "free" windshield repairs on the cars. So it will show on your record as a claim.

Ken </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ken, did it affect you're rates in any way. I just changed from 21st Century to GMAC insurance company and they never mentioned the 2 chip repairs I had done with 21st Century. I got a much better rate but now I'm wondering if I could of done better.

Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:40 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

It may just be a Texas and State Farm thing. I finally went to a local independent agent and found a much better deal.

Ken