Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2014, 07:32 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Front TV Trim Help Please

I have been doing some work around the front of the unit in my signature. I've also been contemplating replacing the CRT TV with a modern LCD TV. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to remove the front trim from around the TV. I can find no screws exposed anywhere to remove the trim. There are no plugs visible for the screws to hide behind.

If someone knows how to remove the front trim panel on a center Front mounted 2007 Voyage 35L ,,,,, Please help.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Look inside the cabinets on each side of the TV.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I would expect that your 2007 is similar to my 2005 Vectra in this regard. If there is a plastic surround around the bottom of the TV you'll need to remove the little plastic caps covering the screws that secure it. (Put a towel over the defroster vents to keep anything from dropping down inside them.) If there is a center sun visor that will probably need to be removed as well. The plastic surround will presumably be attached to the face plate from the inside, so it won't come off on its own. Check inside the cabinets on either side of the TV for a couple of (black) screws through the metal cabinet side into the wood of the face frame. Once those are removed the faceframe and surround should come off together. (It may be helpful to have someone else hold them up while you remove the last screws from the sides.)

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Hello Tom & Barb,

I have the same model & Year and I changed out the TV about a year ago. (Now sitting in my bedroom). Works great and still has a great picture. Enough of that.

Yes, look inside both left and right cabinets adjacent to the TV and remove screws which will release the front wooden cabinet trim. From there, you will need to be an acrobat and find all the screws and nuts securing the TV to a metal frame. Take your time.

The big challenge is removing the TV from the frame as it weighs a lot , so be careful. Again, take your time. By myself, I pulled the TV out and maneuvered it atop a step ladder, then tilted the ladder over and aimed the TV to the Sofa. So far so good. Off the sofa onto the floor, down the steps slowly and onto a flat furniture dolly to roll it into the house. Up onto a TV stand in the bedroom, where it now sits.

I went to Wal-Mart, bought a Sony thin screen (on sale) to fit the hole, used speaker cloth to fill in the gaps, re-attached the trim and voilla, it turned out pretty good!

The key is to take your time and be careful.

Phil
Old 04-21-2014, 09:50 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the detailed answer, I appreciate that. What did you use for a mount for the new TV?
Old 04-22-2014, 03:41 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0250.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	61118[/ATTACH]I bolted some heavy duty u-shaped channel (electrical contractors use?) and mounted an articulating tv mount. It worked well for the past two years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0249.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	327.8 KB
ID:	61117  
rhlvr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:34 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the reply and the pictures. I see from you photos that the plastic panel on the bottom is not connected to the front trim piece. When I look at mine it appears that the plastic bottom piece is attached to the bottom of the front trim. With an articulating mount it would seem that it would move around while driving. How did you secure it when traveling?
Old 04-22-2014, 08:53 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Btw, here's my earlier thread detailing my front TV replacement: Front LCD TV install in 2005 Vectra (long), in case it's of any use.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

I used some small black plastic buckles. Hard to explain but 3/4" wide straps that lace thru a buckle. The buckle has a piece that when flipped to the left, cams down on the strap to hold it.
rhlvr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Did same thing in our MH as rhlvr1. Found everything at Ace Hardware for about $5.00. The strap loops behind the LCD panel and just hangs in place while camping -- the loose ends sticking through the flattened u-bolt belt loop metal thingies on each side of the TV. In travel mode the loose ends pull together and snap to one another on the front side of the TV. \ken
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote