Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2009, 05:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Front jacks reversed?

For 9 months I've been trying to figure out how to level my coach ('00 W Adventurer 37G) with the manual jacks. Following the advice on this thread, I'd lower front and back to just touch, then use left and right to level sideways, then front and back to level that way. The actions were always inconsistant. Pressing the button to raise the right side would sometimes raise it, and sometimes raise the left side instead. Ditto for the button to raise the left. Front and back worked fine.

I finally was able to spend some time watching underneath as the DW actuated the buttons.

Unbelievable. As the right button was pressed to extend the jacks, the rear right and the left front extended. As the left button was pressed, the left rear and the right front extended. No wonder I couldn't get it level. Has anybody else ever seen this?

It looks like the front jacks are crossed in the wiring. Perhaps I can simply switch the plugs, if they're accessible. The schematics don't seem to be much help.

As always, appreciate all the help this forum offers.

G L Arnold
Old 05-13-2009, 06:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I think I'd talk to HWH about the easiest/best solution to this problem. My guess is the hydraulic connections at the solenoids got reversed in front with the left front solenoid feeding the right front jack and right front solenoid feeding the left front jack. This probably can be resolved by reversing the hose connections at the pump manifold, but I'd want HWH's blessing before I changed anything. It might be easier to reverse the electrical connections (and less messy) but I'm not sure how all this is electrically tied together.
robbstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:18 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I feel your frustrations! On my much older HWH system, tweeking for level, is a PITA. For example, once level side-to-side with the rear a tad low, if I attempt to raise the rearend, one jack lifts/operates faster than the other. The end result is that the rearend raises but side-to-side is out again. This ballet of adjustment is frustrating!
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

glarnold;

The advice to call HWH is on target. Their Tel No. is 800-321-3494. They have always been very helpful to me when I needed help with a HWH problem.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:48 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the quick replies, folks. I have an email in to HWH this morning and am just waiting nor their response.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I know of two ways to fix that, both very simple, but I will support the suggestion you contact HWH... Since they can tell you WHICH pair of connectors to switch, I can't
Old 05-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Got my call back from HWH a few moments ago. Very helpful. Frank said hydraulic hoses switched. At the manifold, swap the two middle ones. 5/8 inch wrench. Should work just fine. Will be able to get at in the morning, and will post the results.

Thanks to all for their great help.

G L Arnold
Old 05-13-2009, 11:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by glarnold View Post
Got my call back from HWH a few moments ago. Very helpful. Frank said hydraulic hoses switched. At the manifold, swap the two middle ones. 5/8 inch wrench. Should work just fine. Will be able to get at in the morning, and will post the results.

Thanks to all for their great help.

G L Arnold
with the jacks retracted, de-pressurize the jack system with the solenoids before loosening any lines or you will have a mess.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:23 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Please forgive my lack of knowledge here, but I'm not sure how to do that. Do I turn the t-handles? I had been under the impression that with the system off, there would be no pressure. I'd sure hate to see fluid flying all over everywhere.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

G L Arnold
Old 05-14-2009, 06:16 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by glarnold View Post
Please forgive my lack of knowledge here, but I'm not sure how to do that. Do I turn the t-handles? I had been under the impression that with the system off, there would be no pressure. I'd sure hate to see fluid flying all over everywhere.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

G L Arnold
the manual i have is from:
Welcome to HWH Corporation.cust support & tech svc, manuals., winne manuals. look for manuals for series 310. then look for ml19429pdf.
my manual is ap24827.
the instructions for manually retracting the jacks using the t handles (releasing the pressure) is on page mp35.445. the t handles turn counterclockwise to release, max about 6 turns (p. mp35.9490) you do not have to turn them more than necessary to release the pressure and retract the jacks.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:14 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Problem solved. Want to thank everyone for their help and suggestions.

Went down this morning and spent 30 minutes crawling under the front end, trying to find the hydraulic hose connections to the manifold. No luck. Then looked under the hood. There they were, big as life. Took 5 minutes to swap the two middle connections, lost about a half-teaspoon of fluid in the process.

Fired it up, tested the buttons, and the right side jacks went down together, as did the left side. What a great feeling!

Thanks to all here, and to Frank at HWH.

G L Arnold