Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2015, 06:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Front captains chairs/bed

Hi all. We had a 2004 Sightseer and you could adjust the armrests on the captain chairs to a lower position. On out newer 2012 VISTA 30T it does not appear so. Does this bug anyone besides me? When watching TV or reading and you recline the chairs the arms are too high. Even for me when driving I would like them lower. I have tried to remove the covers on the armrests to see if there was a screw/bolt that you could adjust but no luck. Maybe we are just stuck! The DW has to use a cushion to get high enough to be comfortable.
Has anyone found a way to adjust them?

Also we have added a topper to our bed which we really like-sleep really well. The problem is that when made the hydraulic lifts aren't quite strong enough to keep it open when needed. Has anyone else ran into this and where might the best place be to find replacements that are stronger. I copied the numbers on the lifts but when I went into the Stabilus web site I had no luck finding the number.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

jazzerjump, there is a round roller under the arm rest toward the front that adjusted the angle of the arm rest.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:54 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Grant will look for that today.
jazzerjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:31 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Well no wheel. All I found was foam over the arm. I did get tp playing with them and noticed they moved in and out some.
When you put them in the up position and push them in you can feel them release and they go down. That is how the sightseer worked. The wheel would be better then you could adjust more than just a few positions but I am happy they do adjust as Winnebago told me they didn't.
Thanks again
Old 08-22-2015, 04:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Had same complaint about our 33c Sightseer. Complained to no avail. Had to shell out $300 to buy new arms for passenger chair to resolve the problem...they just snap off if you pull sideways. That and the uncomfortable couch are our two big complaints....You would think they could spend a few more bucks to engineer comfortable furniture...Jim
jncSiightsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:20 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to one of Winnebago's cost savings features, Now only included on higher priced coaches.
CFSUNRISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:58 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Our 04 sightseer 30b owners manual said to adjust to raise to up position, push in and lower. This feature had not been used by prevoius owners since everything was stiff but loosened up in time. That is why I decided to try on this coach and it worked but with the leatherette upohstery being "puffy" yet it takes a knee to push it in but it does release and lower down. The trick is to not pull them up too far when putting seat belt on or they default back to the higher position. Hopefully over time adjusting will be easier.

Tags
front cap