Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone changed from the free standing dining table to installing a booth dinette?
I'm interested in a 2007 Journey that has the table but I like the booth arrangement better.
jrtgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone changed from the free standing dining table to installing a booth dinette?
I'm interested in a 2007 Journey that has the table but I like the booth arrangement better.
jrtgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
I took the booth OUT of my Bounder.. Installed a round Pub table and 2 bar/pub chairs. It feels much roomier this way.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I also prefer the booth. For one thing, it's available seating when traveling down the road, and eliminates loose furniture should there be an accident. I'm told that Winne can build the booth dinette the same as if it was ordered that way and that the install is pretty simple. Good luck.
Ken Lenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

jrtgirls--

We are with you--We have had both and we prefer the booth. I have been looking at the following link to upgrade the existing booth in our Journey. I don't think it would be that tough. Good Luck--

John

http://www.braddandhall.com/productc...?idCategory=38
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:56 AM   #6

We have gone back to the booth. Our last two Winne's had the table and 4 chairs and we ended up storing two of the chairs, one under the bed and one in our house. We decided to go back to the booth seating for many reasons. When we have a grandkid with us we don't have to make up the couch, storage in the seats, and extra seating when we travel with the kids. I was all for the table and chairs when we ordered our coach, but DH thought the booth would be more practical. He was correct, but thats between us!
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We had a booth before...now just the table/chairs. Two chairs are stored (forever) now as DH built a 18-in.X 72-in. free-standing desk that fits in there. I now have a file drawer and printer at my finger tips -- and 4 drawers on the other side.

We have no g'chillens to travel with us, so that could change our minds. But right now, we're enjoying the table.

I personally miss the extra storage space, but with the desk, we gained a bit back.

Rose
Old 06-01-2008, 02:20 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We got rid of the booth a few years ago and have never been sorry. The booth tended to collect a pile of junk on the seats, and the under-seat storage required the cushions to be completely removed before it could be accessed. We put in a unit from Miller's RV (google miller's magic table) and have, over the years, added a custom storage unit behind the driver's seat and a computer desk/filing unit where the couch used to be. We don't miss the couch, either.

cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:48 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We took out the booth and added a table and buffet. The table has an extension leaf with 2 extra folding chairs and the buffet is great extra storage. It was originally called a computer station because it has a pull out drawer which can be used for a keyboard. The shelves cover with a "garage" type door and I keep my small appliances in it. It's one of the best features of our Suncruiser.
NoDakKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:44 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

NoDakKid, did you get your buffet table through Winnebago or another source? I bought a Journey in December and want to get rid of the booth for the "multifunction" table. Winnebago's price is quite high so I am looking at having it made. I looked at the 2 sources mentioned in this post but am not thrilled with the design compared to Winnie's. I do have a nephew who could build it if I don't find a supplier, but I know he is busy.

The chairs on Brad and Hall's website looked good and less than half the price of Winnebago's.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I'm sorry I didn't read this before now. Have been having major slide problems and have been concentrating on those. We had the dealer remove the dinette and install the buffet/table for us before we took ownership. Good luck on switching it out.
NoDakKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Olive,

Miller's Amazing Table builds a desk/table/buffet/drawers set up that's nice. They are usually set up at FMCA or Good Sam rallies. Sorry don't know if they have a website but they build out of the Napanee, Indiana area. The cost was around $1500. Any kind of wood color.

I'm sure someone here has dealt with them.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:32 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Savannah:
Olive,

Miller's Amazing Table builds a desk/table/buffet/drawers set up that's nice. They are usually set up at FMCA or Good Sam rallies. Sorry don't know if they have a website but they build out of the Napanee, Indiana area. The cost was around $1500. Any kind of wood color.

I'm sure someone here has dealt with them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They do have a web site HERE.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:13 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

We have seen the beautiful desk with table in a 36' Journey...we did not like how the chairs would not fit under the table and had to be set sideways for travel when the slide was in. Also we didn't like the support going across from one set of table legs to the other. (Shins get bruised easily!) And since the Amish use solid wood, we were almost sure it made the unit overweight. (Owners were too!)

Seeing the desk gave me something to think about. DH drew up plans to make two pedestals...we matched the table veneer and had Lowe's make an 18-inch counter top. He extended the small shelf under the table to hold transformers and power stick.

Wish I knew how to attach a picture of the finished product!! It's free-standing, not attached. And can be taken out when we sell the coach...

I'm biased....it's beautiful...it's functional...

Rose
Old 06-17-2008, 10:50 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

One thing that did not turn out like we expected. We didn't put the desk all the way back to the wall. Left it out about 2 - 3 inches so DH wouldn't have to cut out around the window dressings. This made the chairs not fit under the table correctly. Soooo, he made some 'feet' to put under the outer chair legs for when the slide is 'in'. Covered the wooden 'feet' with carpet pieces that matched so it wouldn't tear up the tile. We can sit at the table while the slide is in without tilting to one side. The chairs also help keep the drawers from opening while in transit.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:32 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Best of both worlds! We took out the front booth on our '06 Adventurer and use 2 chairs ordered from Winnebago. Gives a roomier feeling and still under seat storage.
PC-Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

We opted for the multi-function desk / table option on our Vectra, and haven't regretted it for a moment. Of course, we travel with two laptops . . . so that might have had something to do with the decision.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote