Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2017, 06:47 PM   #41
Winnie-Wise

We have a 2015 Vista and it has 12mm blades but we put on 28" and they work fine. Compare your blades to your car blades, if they are the same size that would be 9mm if not the same size 12 mm.

For some reason I think only the 2015 and 2016 models had the 12mm but not sure.

Next time we need blades we will be trimming down the hooks to 9mm. You can buy them anyplace and there is no need for 32", 28" work fine.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #42
Winnebago Camper

Lakejumper, You can measure your arm width with a ruler if you don't have a caliper. Most rulers have millimeters on them but if your ruler only displays inches, 9mm is less than 3/8" and 12mm is more than 3/8". I eventually (after messing with this for 6 months) decided to grind the wiper arm down to 9mm. I ground the area about two inches at the wiper end. I don't think there is a problem with doing this since most of the arm is still 12mm. The most force exerted on the arm will be closer to where it attaches to the pivot arm and that end is still heavy duty. I also went from a 12mm X 32" arm to a 9mm X 26" blade found on Hondas and many other cars. You can also find more options in the 9mm X 26" blade like the Rain-X Latitude that puts Rain-X on your windshield as it wipes. It is way less stress on the motor and the blade is very easy to find. It's a no-brainer in my book.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:29 PM   #43
Winnebago Owner

I bought replacement blades from Camping World. My hubby just put them on today. He said it was tricky....
maryinreddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:22 AM   #44
Winnebago Camper

I have had good luck obtaining wiper/washer nozzles and related from Midwest Buss Parts.
http://www.midwestbusparts.com
SS
Sightseer 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:13 PM   #45
Winnebago Owner

Thank you Sue/Tom, Ron and other! I checked today and have the 9mm j hooks. I had already purchased 32" blades from Camping World but will buy 28" next time!
Lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:04 PM   #46
Winnebago Owner

I just put some 28 inch blades on my 2016 Sunova 33c, I also figure I can see just fine with shorter blades, the originals were 32 inches long. I use Rain-x all the time anyway. I just got them at an auto parts store so they must be 9MM.
KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 03:10 PM   #47
Winnebago Owner

Thought this might be useful to some.

I went to Camping World yesterday looking for wiper blade replacements. They have plenty, but no way to cross reference so I checked with the parts counter. I was told they don't stock replacements for my rig and couldn't even tell me what I needed. Same issue with Walmart and auto parts stores; no cross reference for auto to RV.

So I went on a google search. I found that I need Trico 67-324. Funny thing...couldn't find them online, not even on the Trico website. That all led me to this thread. So armed with this info I went back to Walmart and the parts stores today and still couldn't find a solution. Camping World was on the way so I stopped in again. I don't know why, but it was a good thing because there on the rack were the blades I had in my hands yesterday; Trico 67-324. The same ones that the parts person said wouldn't work for my application. I did a search on the Camping World site yesterday to confirm what I was told and it was correct; nothing listed for my application. Weird!

I agree with the contributions on this thread that 32" blades are not really needed and was prepared to come back with 28" blades from somewhere, but finding the correct ones just seemed like the way to go for now.

Very glad to have found this thread. It was very helpful and informative!

Fred
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:01 PM   #48
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Thought this might be useful to some.

I went to Camping World yesterday looking for wiper blade replacements. They have plenty, but no way to cross reference so I checked with the parts counter. I was told they don't stock replacements for my rig and couldn't even tell me what I needed. Same issue with Walmart and auto parts stores; no cross reference for auto to RV.

So I went on a google search. I found that I need Trico 67-324. Funny thing...couldn't find them online, not even on the Trico website. That all led me to this thread. So armed with this info I went back to Walmart and the parts stores today and still couldn't find a solution. Camping World was on the way so I stopped in again. I don't know why, but it was a good thing because there on the rack were the blades I had in my hands yesterday; Trico 67-324. The same ones that the parts person said wouldn't work for my application. I did a search on the Camping World site yesterday to confirm what I was told and it was correct; nothing listed for my application. Weird!

I agree with the contributions on this thread that 32" blades are not really needed and was prepared to come back with 28" blades from somewhere, but finding the correct ones just seemed like the way to go for now.

Very glad to have found this thread. It was very helpful and informative!

Fred

For what its worth, my 1997 Chrysler minivan takes 28" wiper blades. So if you have a hard time cross referencing to find 28 inchers for your rig, try looking up the blades for the older Chrysler minivans.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:32 AM   #49
Winnie-Wise

FYI-You can buy them on Amazon.

One solution is to trim down the J hooks to 9mm from 12mm than you can just buy 28" at Walmart.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:06 PM   #50
Winnebago Owner

"For what its worth, my 1997 Chrysler minivan takes 28" wiper blades. So if you have a hard time cross referencing to find 28 inchers for your rig, try looking up the blades for the older Chrysler minivans".

Thanks for that tip...good to know for the future!
Old 10-06-2019, 06:21 PM   #51
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
FYI-You can buy them on Amazon.

One solution is to trim down the J hooks to 9mm from 12mm than you can just buy 28" at Walmart.
Interesting, when I looked on Friday I didn't find any on Amazon. However, with the Good Sam discount at Camping World, they were $3 cheaper each than Amazon's price.

Being as we are on the road I didn't see trimming the J-hooks down as an option. I'd definitely consider it after I get home when I have all the tools I need to do that though.

Thanks,

Fred