Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2015, 06:12 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublehooked View Post
I have 6 foggy windows on my 2012. Thanks Winnebago, good quality.
Not just Winnebago. Seems to run rampant in the RV industry
Rich
Old 07-01-2015, 07:33 PM   #22
srh
Winnebago Camper

I had all, some 12, windows repaired at Suncoast Designers in Florida including the driver and passenger side cab area, some frameless to the tune of $5K. I dropped mine off in February and and picked it up at the end of March. There must have been 70 or more class A's of all makes and models, new and old waiting to be worked on. So, as has been said, it is not one manufacturer's problem, most share this major defect!
Old 09-23-2015, 08:07 PM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

Foggy window replacement

We have just bought a 2006 Adventurer 38J and it to has two fogged windows. Started looking for solutions and found that the replacements were sky high in price. I saw a video on youtube about a company called RV glass solutions. The make laminate glass. Called them up and found that they make many RV models glass. For mine it will be about a 100 bucks vice the 365 Winnie wants for the thermopane. It will be laminated glass just like your windshield instead of thermopane. Waiting on shipping cost right now but it will eliminate the fogging issue permanently. They were very courteous and professional and did everything they could to help out. There is a video on youtube about their product. They only have the manufacturing facility in Oregon, but so far it is looking this is the way I will go for glass repairs. Just have to get a local repair shop to install it.
phyllisNchri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:21 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyllisNchri View Post
We have just bought a 2006 Adventurer 38J and it to has two fogged windows. Started looking for solutions and found that the replacements were sky high in price. I saw a video on youtube about a company called RV glass solutions. The make laminate glass. Called them up and found that they make many RV models glass. For mine it will be about a 100 bucks vice the 365 Winnie wants for the thermopane. It will be laminated glass just like your windshield instead of thermopane. Waiting on shipping cost right now but it will eliminate the fogging issue permanently. They were very courteous and professional and did everything they could to help out. There is a video on youtube about their product. They only have the manufacturing facility in Oregon, but so far it is looking this is the way I will go for glass repairs. Just have to get a local repair shop to install it.
Well, it won't have the same insulation value as a double pane will, after many years of always having double pane windows I wouldn't change.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:24 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvarner View Post
Not just Winnebago. Seems to run rampant in the RV industry
Rich
Neither of our two Dutch Stars had any problems even after 13 years with the last one.
Our present rig has two, one is the big window in the door and it's getting foggy so I'm planning on getting it done late this year. Somewhere over $400 for it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:31 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

I purchased a 2001 Winnebago Journey which had a fogged entry door window. I priced the Winnebago replacement and though it unreasonable, so I began shopping for alternatives and found a glass company that could take the window apart and clean it. However, when they got the window apart, the glass was so soiled that it could not be cleaned. I watched the tech try all the solutions they had available. He told me that after a window has been fogged so long that they glass is actually ruined. He suggested replacing the thermo pane glass with regular auto safety glass. He cut a piece and fit it in the frame; the cost was $125. However, in this case, the tech cut the glass about one quarter of an inch too short. Though the frame was filled with butyl rubber, the weight of the glass pushed it down so the top is barely covered by the rubber frame—something to watch.
wilson8ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:56 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

I had two windows fogged in my 08 Journey. One on the door and one above the couch. I removed them cleaned and resealed them myself. Cleaning the glass was the hardest part. Atwood should have recalled all the windows they should never have this problem especially for the price. Both of mine were due to lousy sealing job at the factory.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:27 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heating man View Post
I am in Indianapolis and I have the same passenger sliding window fogging and obscuring the mirror. I checked the internet and came up with Duncan Systems in Ellhart. I have not called them yet so I know nothing about them. their number is 800-551-9149 ext 2025 email [email protected]. If you call or get something done let us know how they did. Seems like not many people do this type of work. I sure don't want to drive to florida to get windows fixed.
this guy is in Arkansas and purportedly does the same work as Suncoast Designers in FL. I recommended Suncoast since we actually had work done there but I've seen other posts about the RV Fog Doctor.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window