Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Fogged Windows

I have condensation between the fixed passenger and driver side windows on our 2001 Adventurer 35B. I know this has been discussed thoroughly however I can't seem to find the information I need.. Would love to replace with a single pane of AS4 if the proper size is available.
Are there suppliers other than Lichtsinn?
We are in Alberta and shipping is also an issue
kaybee03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/fogge...ir-175503.html

There are lot's of posts. Try "fogged" for a search. The short answer on the single pane question is that "usually" the dual pane glass is thicker than any single pane.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

there are several places that take the windows out, clean and buff if the glass isn't etched. They get 300 to 400 bucks per window. At the Tampa super Show I spoke with a reputable independent repair company. he said if they can fix by buffing and polishing they do that. how ever if they can't fix they just call a glass company and have them make a new panel of safety glass the same thickness as the 2 panels in the so called dual panel. There are several write up in IRV2 on this problem. safe travels.. ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for your help. I could replace them with "New Thermopane Glass" but I'm concerned they would fog up also. I will look in to having good quality safety glass cut .
Thanks again!.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:22 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Just did my drivers side window this fall. Removed it and split the two panes. Discovered mine were etched to the point I could not buff/polish it out. So I took it to a local glass shop and had them order me a new double pane tempered window with the same tint as the original. The cost was $210 and I did the install myself. The glass company explained how the manufacture seals the two pieces of glass differently then they did back in the day when my windows were new. Therefore, the likelihood of them fogging again is greatly reduced. I realize this may not answer your question however, don't rule out installing a new dual pane window. Technology has gotten better over the years. Good luck!
Old 02-06-2014, 05:25 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

At the Tampa show there were two places one rebuilt yours with new seals the other replaced with same thickness single pane both were about $50-$75 if you removed them.
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

We replaced the same window in our 2001 Adventurer. If you're handy you can replace it yourself. You can order a new window from Atwood.

RV Components, Gas Appliances, Marine Products, Chassis Components, Seating Systems, Windows and Doors from Atwood Mobile

They have both the single and dual pane glass. The dual pane one we ordered cost less than $150.00 delivered to the door. If you decide to go this route call early in the day to make an order. If the woman who handles customer orders is still on the same schedule she works from 5:30 AM to 2:30PM. She is very knowledgeable and helpful.

Here's a link to the tutorial we used when we replaced our window.

http://www.rampknot.net/window_repai...ndowRepair.pdf

The guy does an excellent job of walking through the process step by step.

Just a word of caution. If you decide to do it yourself pick a warm sunny day. We did ours in 50* weather and it was difficult to remove the butyl tape. I had to warm it with a hair dryer to get it to release.

We purchased a 2013 Adventurer last year. They no longer put the dual pane glass in the cab side windows.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Fogged indows

We have ordered the windows from Atwood, $150.00 each plus freight so a pretty good deal considering I was quoted over twice that amount from Winnebago.
Thanks everyone for your input and advice.
Happy Motoring
Old 02-06-2014, 11:44 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

And, if you're not comfortable doing this repair, yourself, there is always rvfogdr.com . They are a company out of Searcy, AR, that repairs the fogged windows. We talked to them at the GNR, this year.
luckydog1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:16 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybee03 View Post
I have condensation between the fixed passenger and driver side windows on our 2001 Adventurer 35B. I know this has been discussed thoroughly however I can't seem to find the information I need.. Would love to replace with a single pane of AS4 if the proper size is available.
Are there suppliers other than Lichtsinn?
We are in Alberta and shipping is also an issue
i broke the inner pane out and just use the single outer pane. it is not tinted. the inside of my outer window cleaned up well.
i posted detailed info about this project several years ago. my post should be in the archives of this forum.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window