Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I finally convinced my bride that she needed to use the dishdrawer before our year warranty is up. She tried it last night and it showed a fault and it didn't seem like there was any water going to it. I'm not much of a plumber and looked at the plumbing diagram and I looked and still couldn't find a water supply line to it. We're taking it in on Tuesday for the final warranty work and don't want to seem like an idiot when I try and explain to the dealership that we aren't getting water to it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bruce
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I finally convinced my bride that she needed to use the dishdrawer before our year warranty is up. She tried it last night and it showed a fault and it didn't seem like there was any water going to it. I'm not much of a plumber and looked at the plumbing diagram and I looked and still couldn't find a water supply line to it. We're taking it in on Tuesday for the final warranty work and don't want to seem like an idiot when I try and explain to the dealership that we aren't getting water to it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bruce
Old 10-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #3
rex
Winnebago Watcher

I assume the dishwasher is next to your sink. The water and drain supply lines should be connected under the sink and extend to the dishwasher. You will only have the cold water line run to the dishwasher.

By the way, she will love that dishwasher once she uses it. It is very quiet, and fast.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Rex, does the fisher paykel heat the water? I thought we needed to have the propane or electric water heater on for it to operate properly.

Thanks
Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:32 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Norton, do you have the fault code explanations? I assume you have city water connected and or the water pump on?

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We have used our F&P Dishdrawer while on shore power, generator and driving on inverter using the water pump. Works great. I would wonder if there is an inline valve in the waterline from the sink to the dishdrawer.

Once you get it sorted out, I think you will love it. Uses much less water than doing dishes by hand and does a better job.

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I just went outside and looked to see where the valve is on my 36RD. If you open the kitchen slide on the driver's side and push in on the hinged panel under the sink you will see three lines coming out of the black steel arm connected to the slide. There is a black power cord, a white corregated drain hose and a translucent water supply line. If you follow that supply line with your hand you should find a cutoff valve next to the outside wall under the sink. The valve handle should be lined up with the hose when it's ON, perpendicular to the hose when it's OFF. This line supplies hot water to the dishwasher (not cold).

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:54 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the tip on the shutoff valve. I found it and turned it to the right direction and (wahlah) we had water. The dishdrawer worked almost to perfection. The only problem is that it didn't drain the water out. I checked for a kink and couldn't find one so i took the innards out and checked the filter and it was clean so I did the bailing trick with a small tupperware bowl. I guess I'll let the dealership figure out the problem.
Again, thanks for the information.

But, it is quiet.