Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-05-2016, 03:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Fiberglass roof problem?

I own a 2002 Winnebago journey DL the coach is usually kept undercover but the last few months has been outside. I noticed a brown stain on the floor and upon further inspection it looks like there has been a leak coming out of one of the ceiling vents. I took off the vent cover and saw staining in the styrofoam stuff that is sprayed inside.
Anyone else have this issue? I will be getting on the roof for a closer inspection
JourneyWinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 03:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I would assume you have a problem with the caulking around the vent, not with the fiberglass roof.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

It's coming from one of the ducted ceiling air vents
Old 07-07-2016, 06:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Check your Fantastic Roof Vent Flange

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyWinn View Post
I own a 2002 Winnebago journey DL the coach is usually kept undercover but the last few months has been outside. I noticed a brown stain on the floor and upon further inspection it looks like there has been a leak coming out of one of the ceiling vents. I took off the vent cover and saw staining in the styrofoam stuff that is sprayed inside.
Anyone else have this issue? I will be getting on the roof for a closer inspection
I have seen this in 2 different 2005 Winnebago Journey's where the Fantastic roof vent flange on the outside of the coach develops a crack in the vertical flange underneath the vent cover. The crack continues down to the horizontal part of the flange on the roof and then a leak develops around the roof vent.

Go up on the roof, open the roof vent, and inspect the vertical flanges. If it has a crack, it needs to be replaced. Caulk will not fix it. Note: You can order the vent flange separate from the rest of the vent assembly. Maybe $40 plus shipping.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Pusherman for the info but it's not coming from the roof vent. The leak is from inside 1 of the ceiling vents where air comes out when using the a/c
There is a brown stain up inside that air vent in the blown in insulation which then drips out of the vent / am I making any sense?
Old 07-08-2016, 12:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

condensation

Is it possible it's condensation? My class c and my a had a lot of condensation in really hot weather.

thanks,
DAn
dataguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 03:28 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Could your roof top air conditioners have a plugged drain and the water is leaking down into your duct work? The brown coloring might just be from accumul;ated dust.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:14 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

To mickey53USA - I don't have roof top air - basement heat pump
Old 07-08-2016, 04:15 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

No condensation -dry as a bone inside
Old 07-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Check all of your roof intrusions. I had a similar leak coming from the skylight in back traveling all the way to the right front ceiling vent.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:12 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I will be taking a serious look around this weekend - thanks everyone for your input!

Tags
roof