Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-14-2013, 05:17 AM   #41
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
No answer; the technician who I intended to ask about the coach moving arrived after we dropped off our MH and left for a Dr's. appt before we returned to pick up our MH. Sorry guys, I dropped the ball; and he does not work Saturdays, so I'll have to Phone him later.
No apology needed. The guy was simply living life and doing it in his time and not yours. We are all growing older, true. But to wait for the answer another couple of days? I hope we will still be here!

Did you get your service done to your satisfaction? (I started to ask 'as expected' but that could have been a loaded question.)
Old 12-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #42
Winnebago Master

Step-cover is working as designed now. Remember I said all the guts of the cover had to be installed because the previous owner removed them? Well, I was told the reason the step-cover stopped working was because it was very dirty in the cover-well. The tech cleaned out the dirt and trash and lubed what needed lube.
I asked exactly why that was not done when the components were installed, didn't get an answer, and now do not expect one. "To my satisfaction"? It is working as designed, so far, so yes. If it stops working again within the next few days I'll have Camping World in Dothan, AL look at it, we'll be over-nighting there enroute to FL.
Looks like I'll be calling that technician for an explanation of why the slide moving causes the coach to settle down, from the road. We now have 2-3 days to load the MH, so extra/other stuff is down the to-do list. In fact, It would probably be better to phone Winnebago Customer Relations and and ask them.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:12 AM   #43
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Step-cover is working as designed now. Remember I said all the guts of the cover had to be installed because the previous owner removed them? Well, I was told the reason the step-cover stopped working was because it was very dirty in the cover-well. The tech cleaned out the dirt and trash and lubed what needed lube.
I asked exactly why that was not done when the components were installed, didn't get an answer, and now do not expect one. "To my satisfaction"? It is working as designed, so far, so yes. If it stops working again within the next few days I'll have Camping World in Dothan, AL look at it, we'll be over-nighting there enroute to FL.
Looks like I'll be calling that technician for an explanation of why the slide moving causes the coach to settle down, from the road. We now have 2-3 days to load the MH, so extra/other stuff is down the to-do list. In fact, It would probably be better to phone Winnebago Customer Relations and and ask them.
Ah Ray. I think I am now seeing in your words the signs of "service frustration" that we all encounter more often than not.

If the movement is simply from the body I think all is normal. But if the movement is of all the wheels? I need to know if this is normal. It bothers me greatly to tell you the truth and I need to know a technical reason as to how this is happening.

I wish you safe travels.

Rick
Old 12-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #44
Winnebago Master

As to the coach moving/rolling when engaging the jacks, I'm accepting Shoptech's explanation, post #33, until either Spartan or Winnebago tells me different. I went under the MH to look myself, and that's the way the rear suspension appears.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #45
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Our MH in my signature has a HWH leveling/slide mechanism. The air bags stay inflated fo 4-5 days while parked, unless we extend the slide. When the slide is extended escaping air is heard under the front of the coach and it slowly settles down. Strange though, both air pressure gauges still show over 60 psi-main, and 110 secondary tank.
I find nothing about this in my owners manuals for either the coach or HWH. Is this something normal, or what's up?
The thread got buried in the whole coach movement side discussion, so did you ever find out why you're dumping air from the bags when you put the slides out? My HWH system does not dump the air unless that jack panel is turned on - the slide control and jack control are independent.

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:03 PM   #46
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN Our MH in my signature has a HWH leveling/slide mechanism. The air bags stay inflated fo 4-5 days while parked, unless we extend the slide. When the slide is extended escaping air is heard under the front of the coach and it slowly settles down. Strange though, both air pressure gauges still show over 60 psi-main, and 110 secondary tank. I find nothing about this in my owners manuals for either the coach or HWH. Is this something normal, or what's up?
Really old thread, but I don't recall this part of it. Ray ...Do the air bags deflate when you start the auto leveling procedure? If not, it sounds to me like someone hooked some wires up wrong ...perhaps so also if leveling does dump the air bags. Whatever the case, the bags should dump when auto
leveling is started, but not when the slide is moved out or in.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:18 PM   #47
Winnebago Master

Well, I know why extending the slide causes the air bags to deflate. It's the ride-height valve attempting to keep the coach level, but the weight of the slide extending on the port side causes the ride height valve to reduce air pressure in the starboard side front air bag. It can't increase pressure in the port side air bag to maintain level because the engine is not running, so the ride-height valve just keeps trying to re-establish level until the bags are deflated.
My thanks to everyone who joined in with my "problem".
An aside to this is; the rear ride-height linkage is a common part, available at virtually all truck stops (under $50) service shop. The front linkage (very short compared to rear) is not commonly available though, and is made entirely different than the rear.

Tags
slide