Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2008, 06:17 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is there a certain strength or just pour right out of bottle and start cleaning? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure you mean pour onto a rag first and then clean. Yup, that's what I did. No dilution needed, no scrubbing, simply a swipe/wipe with the soggy rag along the line the eternabond will fall. It evaporates very quickly.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

We've used eternabond as a preventative measure on several places on the roof. Those places aren't seen from the ground, however. When you apply the eternabond onto the front and end cap seams, do you end the tape before the curvature where the roof becomes the side? I wanted to do my front and end seams, but I don't want people to see obvious tape on the sides. If you continue down the curve to the side, how do you all keep it from showing? We use the white tape since our coach is white on those areas.

~Lori
Doula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:38 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">do you end the tape before the curvature where the roof becomes the side? I wanted to do my front and end seams, but I don't want people to see obvious tape on the sides. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personal choice. For me, I wanted the 4" tape to evenly span the roof seam. This made the tape visible from the ground. Didn't really care about the look, more concerned about the function. Doesn't look too bad though as it's white on white.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote