Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-12-2019, 06:16 PM   #41
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
Who says 13 year old threads shouldn't be used? I followed the steps in post #9 from 2006 and now my door latch works! Although I was able to use a standard 1/4" drive socket, not deep, not thin wall.
Not so fast. Got locked out several times again in the last few days. I think I independently found the solution, and afterwards I reread back a few posts and found Rogerlee's #38 was spot on. The lever that the outside paddle handle uses to push against the lever the inside handle uses was just catching the end of the lever, and when it missed, the outside handle would just pull out and do nothing. Just grabbed the first lever with some channel locks and bent it up a quarter inch. So far, so good. Still had to follow #9 to make sure it worked properly.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:47 PM   #42
Winnebago Camper

I used the same method as the previous poster (CJ7ole). I have been reaching through the side window to grab the inside handle for over a year!! Post #9 did not work for me either. Thanks to everyone on this site for your help.
rklyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 09:26 AM   #43
unclescratch

Worked for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler of california View Post
Art,

I called Trimark and they faxed the "fix". Tried it but it didn't work for me. I'm trying to get into a dealer while I'm on the road.

The fix is to:

Get a 7/16" thin walled deep socket make sure the screws on the inside plate are tight and then

1. Close the rotor (the latch which closes around the post when locked).

2. Lock the handle from the inside (using the lower manual locking lever).

3. While pulling up on the inside handle, manually (no power) turn the nut clockwise until the latch (rotor) releases.

4. Manually turn the nut counterclockwise 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 turns.

5. Unlock the door and open the door from the inside handle. The latch should release before the inside handle reaches maximum travel.

Hope this helps you. Finding the thin walled socket was difficult and I was unable to find one at Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, and 2-3 auto part stores.

Nick
I was beginning to experience the 'unlocked but locked-out' syndrome on my '03 Adventurer. I performed this procedure (turning the nut clockwise "5" turns !) before the final counter-clockwise turns and now my door opens with much less travel of the outside door handle than I had before. Time will tell, but this seems like a good adjustment. Thank You.