Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Just want to again say how valuable this forum is. I am running through all the MH systems in prep for our first long trip (2 weeks). Decided to run through the jack mechanism and found no power to the KwiKee Jack Panel. I checked the manual for fuse location and found no reference. I started to panic as my jacks are down and wouldn't be able to move until I get the panel working. The Jacks have not shown any signs of problems so this was a shock. I searched the forum for Jack Fuses and found a post by a member that said he had the same problem and was told by KwiKee to pull the panel, disconnect the connectors, wait a minute or two and then reconnect. I did exactly as above and refastened the Panel to the door and turned the ignition on. Bingo it works. Evidently the panel has a processor on it so it had to be reset (Power off/on).
This Forum is a lifesaver for those of us new to the MH systems.
Thanks -- Frank
Old 08-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Just want to again say how valuable this forum is. I am running through all the MH systems in prep for our first long trip (2 weeks). Decided to run through the jack mechanism and found no power to the KwiKee Jack Panel. I checked the manual for fuse location and found no reference. I started to panic as my jacks are down and wouldn't be able to move until I get the panel working. The Jacks have not shown any signs of problems so this was a shock. I searched the forum for Jack Fuses and found a post by a member that said he had the same problem and was told by KwiKee to pull the panel, disconnect the connectors, wait a minute or two and then reconnect. I did exactly as above and refastened the Panel to the door and turned the ignition on. Bingo it works. Evidently the panel has a processor on it so it had to be reset (Power off/on).
This Forum is a lifesaver for those of us new to the MH systems.
Thanks -- Frank
Old 08-23-2007, 05:01 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I had the same problem with the panel. I unplugged and replugged and it worked fine. Eventually, the panel itself had to be replaced, and was, at no charge, as it was under warrenty.
mccrorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

What caused you to decide to get the Panel replaced. Were you getting continuous failures or did you just get proactive with KwiKee.
The Jack system is critical as it could cause you to be stranded in some remote Campground with the Jacks down.
Thanks -- Frank
Old 08-23-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

FrankO,
On your Kwikee Jacks you have a retract harness you will find it attached to the wiring under your dash. In the trouble shooting guide it will tell you how to use it. The retract harness will fully retract your jacks if you have a control panel problem.

Brgman
brgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

My Kwikee panel just failed also, Kwikee has determined that it is a panel problem and one is on its way.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:42 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankO:
I searched the forum for Jack Fuses and found a post by a member that said he had the same problem and was told by KwiKee to pull the panel, disconnect the connectors, wait a minute or two and then reconnect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that may have been my original post. I'm glad you found it because it had me stumped for a few days of camping--we just had to rock and roll until I found the solution in this forum myself.

That was about 6 months ago, and I haven't had the problem repeat itself, so hopefully it is just a "once in a blue moon" thing. All these new fangled computer-driven doodads seem to need to be rebooted occassionaly, including my cellphone and my satellite TV receiver.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

brgman,
I had read about the workaround but I did not know where the "jumper cable" was located. Can you give a little more info on where under the dash you found the cable?
Gary,
Yes it was your post that provided the solution. Now that I know it is a "computer" I can utilize the reboot when needed. Mine is on the door and I had used the door so I wonder if I closed it too hard. I will not use the door in the future.
Frank
Old 08-24-2007, 12:58 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

FrankO,
On my Winnebago they used two black wire ties and attached it to the main wiring harness about six inches or so from where it plugs into the control panel.The jumper assembly is about 7" long with a large and small white connector on each end. Kwikee told me that the jumper was in the Winnebago black bag,called Winnebago and they said they attached it to the main wiring harness somewhere. My panel failed and Kwikee send me a new one.

Brgman
2005 Winnebago Voyage 33V W20
brgman is offline   Reply With Quote