Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Has any one tried to replace the front single step with a double? Seems like lately I'm having to raise the front so much it still makes a big step to the camping word step.
Earhartphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Has any one tried to replace the front single step with a double? Seems like lately I'm having to raise the front so much it still makes a big step to the camping word step.
Earhartphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Don't know of anyone who has done it, but here's some previous discussion.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

When our step is a bit high off the ground for comfort, we use an exercise step that adjusts to three different heights ...got it for a couple of bucks at a thrift shop.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Earhartphoto:
Has any one tried to replace the front single step with a double? Seems like lately I'm having to raise the front so much it still makes a big step to the camping word step. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As the link provided to a previous thread points out, a two-step might hit the ground when having to raise the opposite side (drivers) to level out. But in my mind, it seems that there is so much 'lift' available with the jacks, I would raise the step-side enough so it wouldn't hit, then make the leveling adjustments to the drivers side. Doesn't seem like it should matter much if the drivers' side ends up higher than normal so the step doesn't hit.

And for some reason, it seems that every campground site that I've encountered has been fairly level, or the step-side was the one that had to come up, so that last 'step' was a bit high off the ground. As a perfect example, look at the picture in my signature... hey, watch that last 'step'!
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have an 04 meridian and changed from single to double step no problems. Bought it online at an rv surplus site. Sorry I dont remember which one. step sets back about 1" from original single step, but have noticed no difference entering or exiting. Also have had no clearance issues..
cmaserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Heres a location for steps you may need. LINK
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote