Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-07-2018, 11:39 AM   #61
Winnebago Camper

Check this website out. https://suncoastdesigners.com/rv-services/defog/. The shop is in Hudson, Florida and I have had several windows replaced (not all the same year). It is a really easy place and very reasonable compared to what you pay a Winnebago Dealer and then end up with the same problem. These were a poor design in the Winnebagoes. Mine is 2001 35ft. U and every one of them had the seal break and fog up. Now I have been to Hudson 3 times and no problems since I had them do it. You drive in park, hook-up and have free wi-fi, water, and hydro and stay the night. They come in in the morning and remove everyone's windows, disassemble them and clean or replace as needed. They break for lunch and you can take a tour of the plant to see the operation. After lunch they replace all the windows and by 4 o'clock all workers are done and you are ready to hit the road again. It is the only painless repair I have ever had done. It is total enjoyable, efficient and interesting experience.
Windsurferlady
2001 35U Adventurer towing 2011 Honda CR-V
Kingston, Ontario
Windsurferlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:30 AM   #62

I can see this post is quite old, but here's what I did when my passenger door window fogged-up. (Which is very dangerous.)

I went to a random auto-window shop that also does residential windows, and they simply popped-out the window, cleaned it and removed the desiccant pellets, sprayed anti-fog on the inside, added a rubber spacer for window separation, ran black tape all along the edges (twice); and slapped it back together.

That was 3 years ago and I have traveled long distances, across different temperature ranges, and NO FOG so far! It cost me $90 and the only secret was having a table to lay the window upon so it can be cleaned and rotated easily without scratching. Had I known it would be that easy I would have done it myself.

Note: OEM window apparently have argon gas in them and anytime there is a pinhole leak the argon escapes and the moisture comes in. Now it's possible you loose some thermal qualities, but given the high repair costs other people are talking about, this type of repair is a "no-brainer."
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal, window