Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

For those of you with 2013 Meridians, SE-GI told me Winnebago specified that the windows NOT be provided with screens when Winnebago placed order with SE-GI. We will have to go the hardware store route to get a screen. Neither Winnebago nor SE-GI can do anything for us.

I guess we should be thankful that Winnebago did not charge us extra to run LP piping to the furnace or power wiring to the AC units or any number of equally idiotic things. To me, an operable window without a screen falls in that same category. Oh well, I have wasted enough energy on this subject. Like Don Quixote I am now off to joust with other windmills.
Floatsflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone checked the part number for the 2013 window? Then checked the part number for a like model but older year that has the screen.

If the older unit window has a screen there will be a part number for the screen, for the older window. I'll bet it will fit the 2013 window.

Winnebago post the IPB for all it's coaches.

Only a thought.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

dc8cappie - Good suggestion, but totally new window design used in 2013 Meridians.
Floatsflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

I have sreens but the sliding windows suck. Iam taking it back for the second time to try and get the rattling stoped.
poppy bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

Mine was fixed at the factory in Feb by our technician Kelly.

He inserted a strip of plastic/brush material into the sliding window seal along the top of the track.

The window seal is u shaped soft rubber, the side toward the inside is actually double walled. It is inside this double wall that the spacer was inserted.

It has made a tremendous difference. I get very little rattle, and not steady like before.

I have a piece of the material in our bay, and will post a pic later.

Our Service Technical Advisor was Mike Hamson, 641-585-6893.

I believe the seal p/n is 098644-01-706

They can look at Invoice 70939R to refresh their memory.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
I have NEVER seen (as far back as I can remember) a car or RV sporting a screen on the driver's side window. Where am I wrong in my thinking?
I guess I am the camp that likes window screens on both driver and passenger side. My 2010 Itasca has a drivers side screen and I just left MCD Shades today at lunch time after they replaced the Winnebago factory screen on my entry screen door. MCD custom made the (roll down) screen and installed it for $95. I highly recommend this company. We stayed two nights on their lot (electrical hook-up only) while they repaired three screens and the screen door.
CPO_Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

I have window screens for driver and passenger side. If the windows are the same dimensions one will fit the other side, just turn it upside down. If it does fit, take the one you have to a window screen installer anywhere and have them make one just like it. They should be able to get the framing material. Many window screens can be made with do-it-yourself material.

I have mine out most of the time and with cooperating weather we put them back in when we stop for a few days, just for ventilation.

The screen material is UV treated and on a few occasions when driving and the sun is bearing in from the driver side the screens will go into place and act as a sun-screen.

They are nice to have.

Happy trails.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window