Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2005, 05:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I was attempting to find the CB prewires under the dash of my MH (05 Adventurer 38J). I found them back behind the fuse panel on the sidewall forward of the driver door. I pulled them out. Noticed this evening that none of the door mounted controls (windows, sunshades, mirror, etc) are working now. I assume I probably pulled something loose. Any suggestions on where to start looking for the loose connection, or how to get back in there to see what I'm doing?
Old 06-16-2005, 05:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I was attempting to find the CB prewires under the dash of my MH (05 Adventurer 38J). I found them back behind the fuse panel on the sidewall forward of the driver door. I pulled them out. Noticed this evening that none of the door mounted controls (windows, sunshades, mirror, etc) are working now. I assume I probably pulled something loose. Any suggestions on where to start looking for the loose connection, or how to get back in there to see what I'm doing?
Old 06-16-2005, 06:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I Had the same problem but I created it. Blew a fuse in hooking the CB up.Look for a blowen fuse in the dash panel fuse block. The radio fuse. replaced fuse and fixed my problem. Good luck. Dwayne
N8AFB DEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:08 AM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

Hi: and a BIG Howdy to both of you guys in case you missed it. Thanks for joining up and posting here in the Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum.

This place is rather unique and there is no other place like it. I hope you will enjoy the time that you spend here and I hope that along the way you'll be able to pick up bits of information that are important to you.

Dwayne, thanks for sharing your experiences and how you applied a resolution to your problem. It's folks like you that make this forum work for everyone.

Come back and visit and post often!

Live from the site of the 2005 iRV2.com National Rally, Paradise, PA.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 03:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Well, I have checked the fuses the best I can. Doesn't look like any of them are blown and all the circuit breakers are okay. Oh - I also found out the power driver seat isn't working either. I took the cover off to check the wiring behind the fuse panel, but didn't find anything loose. Well, there was what appeared to be a loose wire (a wire with a "ring" connector on the end), but it was coiled up and didn't look like it had ever been connected. I hate it waited until now - we left for our vacation this morning. I guess it's gonna require a trip to the shop...
Old 06-18-2005, 11:39 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I checked the fuses by pulling them out andlooked at them at least 3 different times. they looked good. then got the ohm meter out and checked them. GUESS WHAT THERE IT WAS. it had very small hair line crack that was hard to see.
N8AFB DEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 01:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Don't have my ohmmeter with me. There is a Winnebago dealer across US 17 from where we are staying. I will go by on Monday and speak with the techs to see if they can help out. Probably slim chance of being able to get the coach in for service while we are here without a prior appointment.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:41 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Ready2Ride - I had my powerseat go out while I was on vacation as well. I looked for the fuse for the power seat and could not find it. I finally found it way up under the dash above the regular fuse box with the labels mounted on the sidewall. Sure enough, replacing that fuse fixed the problem. I have a W20 chassis, so that might be your problem. Check it out before you bring the rig in.

Pete

Pete B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 05:21 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Well, I went to the Winnebago dealer here today. I spoke with the technician - he also said it was probably a fuse. However, he had absolutely no idea where the house fuse panel was. Told me to call Winnebago. I called my selling dealer in Orlando and spoke to the service manager. He told me exactly where the panel was (breakers, no fuses). It was behind the vertical panel above the step holding the batteries. Anyway - 40 amp breaker popped. Pushed it in, popped back out. They then told me it was probably the power seat with a short, and to unplug it beneath the seat. Did so, and the breaker stayed in. Door controls work fine. I'll have to take it in for repairs to the seat when I get home. Thought I'd let everyone here know about the resolution - and where that breaker panel is...
Old 06-24-2005, 12:58 AM   #10

I lost power window and mirrors shortly after getting my Brave. After checking all fuses and finding them good, I found the harness unplugged inside the cowling on the left side where it comes out of the door and heads up undere the dash.

I chalked it up to another good QC job by some Winnebago tech. The lunch whistle probably blew about the time he meant to make a complete connection.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote