Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2014, 01:59 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Also following.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:20 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
RV Gutter Spouts with Extensions, 4pk - Camco 42134 - Awning Accessories & Hardware - Camping World

I like these, have had them a couple years, and except when the wind is blowing or going down the road, they keep the drips off the coach very nicely. I believe they are universal, don't know for sure.

Zoom in on this pic, you can see the condensation drip on the pavement but almost nothing on the coach. Except the occasional gust of wind, as I mentioned.

Just got these and they do NOT fit my 2011 Sightseer. Any suggested modifications to make them fit?
Laker44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:54 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Gutter Extensions

OK, got the extensions today. Hope the pictures tell the story. Basically I cut the key off then put a couple of wraps of electrical tape on the shaft that goes into the awning rail slot. The tape helps centers up the extension in the awning rail, also cut the corner a little just for looks. Could do a little more streamlining with a Dremel if you care to. I will paint them black before installing. The piece of wood is to hold the extension in place while the RTV set's up. The slot in the extension lines up well with the awning gutter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	As Received.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	69053   Click image for larger version

Name:	Key removed.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	69054  

Name:	Ready to mount.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	69055   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wooden jig.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	69056  

Name:	Front low.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	69057   Click image for larger version

Name:	Back low.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	69058  

Name:	Looking forward.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	69059   Click image for larger version

Name:	looking from 3 oclock.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	69060  

grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:53 AM   #24

Grant nice job! just to be clear, you have a new Adventurer right? The part that you put the black tape on slides into the RV's rail? What did you use to secure them? some kind of sealant?
Thanks
Ray
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:14 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

raycyn778 Yes we have a new Adventurer, the tape goes on the shaft that goes in the awning rail and I plan on using black RTV to secure it.
The shaft is a little smaller than the awning rail so the tape makes is fit better.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:42 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

After a little research looks like 3M 4200 would be the best sealant.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:46 AM   #27

Grant, thanks for the tip, I just ordered mine. kind of a messed up website but if you use the part numbers for your search, they come up. you have to register for an account before you can even look at them.
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

I ordered these for a 2008 a few days ago and they came today. With a little filing and fitting I have the passenger side installed. I did apply an adhesive and secure with a #8 stainless pan head screw to the roof just in front of the gutter. Caulked any places it looked needed and will paint the white gutter extension to match the motorhome paint. I have nearly a full bottle of touch up paint that came with the MH. Thanks for the heads up on these extensions, they do fit fine with a little filing and fitting.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

A follow up to my 8/1 install. In light to heavy rain the extensions do deflect the water flow mostly away from the side window. But my big complaint was the morning dew dripping down the glass. Well, except for one rainy morning I have still had the morning dew dripping down the side glass. Every morning I have watched close to see where the water comes from and later in the day when all is dry I apply a little caulk to the the area. This morning again I have dew dripping down the side glass. Again looking to see where it's coming from it appears to be coming from the awning slot. The morning dew has always seemed to me to make the mess on the windows worst than a rain. So the problem is still with me even with the extension having a very good fit and being caulked. Are others installing these extensions on Winnebagos having the same dew problem ???
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #30
Winnebago Master

zippo, noticed ours yesterday the right side is good, dew go to the end and falls off. On the left side I have a leak and a small amount of water is running down the side. Will work on it later today.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #31
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
OK, got the extensions today. Hope the pictures tell the story. Basically I cut the key off then put a couple of wraps of electrical tape on the shaft that goes into the awning rail slot. The tape helps centers up the extension in the awning rail, also cut the corner a little just for looks. Could do a little more streamlining with a Dremel if you care to. I will paint them black before installing. The piece of wood is to hold the extension in place while the RTV set's up. The slot in the extension lines up well with the awning gutter.
Anyone know if these will work for a Vista 31BE?
campelljb1 is offline   Reply With Quote