Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2017, 06:09 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

If going to the VA for checkups.
Some of the veterans organizations have their own C.G.
There is one here in Dell City that has a few spots out back.
Just FYI.
Lee
Old 10-25-2017, 07:12 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerlee View Post
Any ideas?
I would like to do the replacement myself if possible
mogul264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:29 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Things many of us don't realize about air filters, gassers or DP's. Racor, a major manufacturer of big rig filters, says they have a 3 year shelf life and a 7 year service life. I exchanged many emails with them on this topic. Freightliner has a much shorter service change requirement. The vacuum indicator is only good if you have been driving in really bad air quality conditions, like frequent sand or dust storms. For most RVers we should never see the gauge go too high.

Reason for changing the air filter after 7 years of service? According to Racor, humidity in service is a friend to the air filter. But after 7 years the materials in the filter COULD start to break down and the filter could come a part. If ANY dirt gets to or through the turbo it could fail the turbo or "dust" the engine. "Dusting" is when very fine dirt gets past the filter and into the cylinders. This can cause a sand blasting effect and excess oil consumption for one thing.

And that is my 2 pennys about air filters.

Rick Y
Old 10-27-2017, 06:00 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Awning fabric is quite easy to replace - sew it yourself or have a boat-top shop do it if you can't find a direct replacement.
Sailrite.com has STAMOID marine vinyl for $30/yd, super nice stuff. Just replace my slide-toppers. Lots of colors too.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:29 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

I placed a roller wheel at the outer corner of my door, to roll across the awning fabric when it swings open, rather than rub. Should extend the awning life quite a lot
mogul264 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, door