Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #61
Winnebago Owner

Thank you.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:44 PM   #62
Winnebago Owner

I put the Dynamat hood liner on our engine cover this past weekend and we are planning on a trip at the end of this month. I should be able to see if it was worth it or not then. The aluminum tape I used with it was not cheap by any means. But if we can enjoy a more quiet ride and/or the air conditioner doesn't have to work so hard it will have been worth it. I definately reccommend using the tape with the hood liner as the liner is not all that sticky and I would be afraid that the air going through the engine compartment over a period of time may pull the liner loose if the edges weren't taped to the engine cover. I really can't see how this liner wouldn't help, it'll be just a matter of how much difference it can actually make.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #63
Winnebago Master

Steve:

I can tell you it was a significant improvement in both noise and heat abatement when I used the dynamat-type material on the doghouse cover on my old '97 Adventurer.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #64
Winnebago Owner

Well we put about 150 miles on our RV this past weekend, the first time out since we put the hood liner on the dog house. I am very happy with the results- even my wife said it was quite noticably quieter and she's not easily impressed. Although I never thought the noise level was terrible before, it was noticable when accelerating strongly and now though an increase in sound level is still there it is much easier to continue to converse and be heard than it was before while accelerating. I would recommend this to anyone who might be trying to get a little more "peace and quiet" while out on the road.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:56 PM   #65
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smlranger:
When we had the gasser (Adventurer w/454 Chevy) I used a similar doghouse insulation kit (got mine from Camping World). The difference in both sound and heat transfer was astounding. Well worth the effort. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't been able to find this insulation kit on the CW website, or in their Master Cattledog. Can you give me any info on it's part number and price?

Thanks in advance.

Wombat

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:22 PM   #66
Winnebago Master

Heres a link
Heres another link.

These links will get you what you need.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:00 AM   #67
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Easyrider:
Well we put about 150 miles on our RV this past weekend, the first time out since we put the hood liner on the dog house. I am very happy with the results- even my wife said it was quite noticably quieter and she's not easily impressed. Although I never thought the noise level was terrible before, it was noticable when accelerating strongly and now though an increase in sound level is still there it is much easier to continue to converse and be heard than it was before while accelerating. I would recommend this to anyone who might be trying to get a little more "peace and quiet" while out on the road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Recently I developed foormats for driver-pax that reduces radiated road-tire and side engine internal compartment heat by 20-40 degrees. I tested them over 4000 miles through recent brutal South Eastern hot temps. They are so effective the dash A/C was "chilling" successful. I believe they will keep driver and pax warmer in winter by keeping dash-floor vent heater air inside too. We'll see if there is any forum interest in that project.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:10 AM   #68

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary the Wombat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smlranger:
When we had the gasser (Adventurer w/454 Chevy) I used a similar doghouse insulation kit (got mine from Camping World). The difference in both sound and heat transfer was astounding. Well worth the effort. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't been able to find this insulation kit on the CW website, or in their Master Cattledog. Can you give me any info on it's part number and price?

Thanks in advance.

Wombat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Camping World kit is overpriced, and doesn't insulate or reflect heat nearly as well as THIS
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote