Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2017, 07:34 PM   #41
Winnebago Camper

Thats great! I'm going to do the same with mine after taking it out of storage.
Thanks for the follow up.
jt
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 05:56 AM   #42
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
Nice write up, really convenient that your dash pulls forward like that, easy on the back.
Optical illusion. I had to remove the window pillar cove on the left, the dash pad and the instrument cover housing to get to the alarm location. Now that I have done it a few times it is really not that bad. Lots of screws holding the vents in place.

Since I posted I have tried it a few more time. New toy syndrome. I now have one more reason to be a happy camper.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #43
Winnebago Camper

Can I get a picture of the thing that actually makes the noise so I know what to look for? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:14 PM   #44
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Optical illusion. I had to remove the window pillar cove on the left, the dash pad and the instrument cover housing to get to the alarm location. Now that I have done it a few times it is really not that bad. Lots of screws holding the vents in place.

Since I posted I have tried it a few more time. New toy syndrome. I now have one more reason to be a happy camper.
Yeah, just went back and took a second look.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:40 AM   #45
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutusiii View Post
Can I get a picture of the thing that actually makes the noise so I know what to look for? Thanks in advance.
This is as close as I can come. I didn't get a good picture of mine. Reversing Alarm Buzzer Beeper Warning for Forklift Truck 12-48V | eBay

Yours will be mounted the same as mine. It is on the left instrument cluster mounting bracket. Once the housing is off you will see it. If you have the a raised pad on the dash this is a bit tricky to remove if you don't have the secret. Here it is: Remove all of the vents. A small screw is in the hose of the small vents. Pull the pad toward you to release the catches. I had to notch my plastic dash to reinstall the pad. The hook plate was not clearing correctly. Don't forget to take the left pillar cover off before you try to remove the cluster housing.

I have to finish closing up. Rolling to my next volunteer location today.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Old 03-04-2017, 09:28 AM   #46
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutusiii View Post
The fact that it makes noise should make it easier to track down. Get access to the area, take the actions that set off the buzzer, use ears to track the area, use fingers to feel the vibration of the noisemaker.

The fact that the buzzer is part of a component added to the basic RV means it likely isn't in exactly the same place in every unit. It will be in the same general area, but the area is only limited by the length of the wire loom it came with. I've seen identical RV models with small variations in location of many items like circuit breakers, (surface mounted ones) various Intellitec controllers, air horn solenoids, etc.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:33 AM   #47
Winnebago Camper

Mine is mounted on the firewall to the left of the steering column.
jt
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:38 AM   #48
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
The fact that it makes noise should make it easier to track down. Get access to the area, take the actions that set off the buzzer, use ears to track the area, use fingers to feel the vibration of the noisemaker.

The fact that the buzzer is part of a component added to the basic RV means it likely isn't in exactly the same place in every unit. It will be in the same general area, but the area is only limited by the length of the wire loom it came with. I've seen identical RV models with small variations in location of many items like circuit breakers, (surface mounted ones) various Intellitec controllers, air horn solenoids, etc.
In the '11 Winnebago 40U it is located on the dash mounting bracket. It mounts in a hole. The ring on the alarm neck secures it to the bracket. In my case it is so loud that the sound had no definite point of origin. The genus who picked this part didn't have a clue. The distance need to hear this thing is 2', not 200'.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:58 PM   #49
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
What relay or relays did you use? I found a relatively small double pole relay pretty inexpensive from Amazon.
Sorry I have not responded but jerichorick and I have the exact same schematic/setup. It works just as he describes, light stays on but noise is gone. Note that his switch has momentary contacts (a typical on/off toggle switch will not work). I did not go that fancy on the switch as I did not have a spot like he used (which I think he did a great job). I just drilled a hole in the PVC dash and used a round push button type switch. The relay is your basic 12V relay found just about anywhere, yes, even Amazon. Autozone/O Reilly's should have it if you need it today.

Unfortunately I can not do this with my 2014 Journey as the buzzer appears to be integrated into the dash. It is real hard to get underneath this thing too.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:09 AM   #50
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman-az View Post
Sorry I have not responded but jerichorick and I have the exact same schematic/setup. It works just as he describes, light stays on but noise is gone. Note that his switch has momentary contacts (a typical on/off toggle switch will not work). I did not go that fancy on the switch as I did not have a spot like he used (which I think he did a great job). I just drilled a hole in the PVC dash and used a round push button type switch. The relay is your basic 12V relay found just about anywhere, yes, even Amazon. Autozone/O Reilly's should have it if you need it today.

Unfortunately I can not do this with my 2014 Journey as the buzzer appears to be integrated into the dash. It is real hard to get underneath this thing too.
Zman, what did you use your cutoff circuit on?

I took a closer look at your dash on line. It looks like it is one piece for the top. That is a bummer. There must be a trick to getting under it. Try a call to Lichtsinn RV | Winnebago, Itasca, Winnebago Touring Coach. You might get someone to help figure this out. You must get into the dash. Is this alarm as loud as the one i had to address?

Rick Y
Old 03-07-2017, 10:55 AM   #51
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Zman, what did you use your cutoff circuit on?
I had a 2011 Vista, real easy to pull the cap and get inside.

Replaced that with a 2014 Journey, dash is a totally different beast and a PITA to do any work (Lippert sucks, miss the HWH leveler). I think the alarm/buzzer is in the Lippert digital control panel but have not taken anything apart to confirm yet.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:20 AM   #52
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman-az View Post
I had a 2011 Vista, real easy to pull the cap and get inside.

Replaced that with a 2014 Journey, dash is a totally different beast and a PITA to do any work (Lippert sucks, miss the HWH leveler). I think the alarm/buzzer is in the Lippert digital control panel but have not taken anything apart to confirm yet.
New bread of horse. Lippert? is all you can do.

Is your alarm eardrum shattering?

Tags
leveling