Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Dirty Pictures...:)

Hi everyone!
I would love to see some pictures of other owners motorhome undercarriages.

If you have the time-
I would like to know the year, make and model of the vehicle, and where you drive to, and park it. How long you have owned it.

I would also like to know what you do as far as undercarriage maintenance. Maybe even problems you have had but successfully resolved.

What products you use as well as how often, if any.

Also if you have a cool upgrade or add-on you have done to your coach on its exterior.

Are you a full timer? A weekend warrior? Do you live at the beach, lake, mountains, forest, or plains, etc.

Any participation is appreciated. I hope we may all benefit and learn from this post.

Thanks,
Kimber
bubbletruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Should I throw in my Social Security number and all my bank accounts with the PIN numbers, too.

Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I took pictures of our Coach a while back for VegasDan to examinr, here they are https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=ae67f...2766057%212094

It's a 1999 National Tradewinds with 55K miles on the clock, bought used in 2007.

We are not Full Timers.

As far as I know nothing has been done to it by the original owner and I haven't done anything as well.

We live in Albuquerque NM and the coach has been here since new. Our climate is very dry and I park it outside on a gravel driveway when not in use.

We did have it painted a couple years ago and here are the pictures. https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=ae67f...2766057%212146

Dick
Old 03-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequim Guy View Post
Should I throw in my Social Security number and all my bank accounts with the PIN numbers, too.

Good one.. I dunno how's your credit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
I took pictures of our Coach a while back for VegasDan to examinr, here they are https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=ae67f...2766057%212094

It's a 1999 National Tradewinds with 55K miles on the clock, bought used in 2007.

We are not Full Timers.

As far as I know nothing has been done to it by the original owner and I haven't done anything as well.

We live in Albuquerque NM and the coach has been here since new. Our climate is very dry and I park it outside on a gravel driveway when not in use.

We did have it painted a couple years ago and here are the pictures. https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=ae67f...2766057%212146

Dick
Looks pretty good! Thanks for the post.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

cute dog! I bet he rules the house.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Geez let this topic die
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream
Geez let this topic die
Sorry if my topic is upsetting you. If you don't like it- don't look. Or are you just upset their weren't dirty pictures.
I am just trying to educate myself on ways to prevent the situation I am in for the future. Looking for what others have done to protect their investment.

WWW.WhatTheHowell.com
Old 03-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

I have a 03 Newmar look pretty new under the coach until we made a trip to Nappanne, IN. in January 2010 than down to FL. than back to Napp and than home in February.
The salt on roads will just rust everything it can get into and washing will still not get the stuff off the under body.
Aluminum locks pitted and froze in lock positions and the salt could be seen every where.
Had to pull starter in spring to get it to turn over salt crossed the wiring to it.
Still working on latches to keep loose and most of wiring has been cleaned and protected.
Will clean chassis and paint with under coat to cut down on any more corrosion.
Just have to say we will only be traveling in warmer months from now on but if you want to head south plan ahead before the snow months, safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007"
I have a 03 Newmar look pretty new under the coach until we made a trip to Nappanne, IN. in January 2010 than down to FL. than back to Napp and than home in February.
The salt on roads will just rust everything it can get into and washing will still not get the stuff off the under body.
Aluminum locks pitted and froze in lock positions and the salt could be seen every where.
Had to pull starter in spring to get it to turn over salt crossed the wiring to it.
Still working on latches to keep loose and most of wiring has been cleaned and protected.
Will clean chassis and paint with under coat to cut down on any more corrosion.
Just have to say we will only be traveling in warmer months from now on but if you want to head south plan ahead before the snow months, safe travels.
If you had to to the trip over, is there anything you would recommend doing before or applying to the coach before leaving?

WWW.WhatTheHowell.com
Old 03-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

You may have coated locks and electrical applications with protectorate's but salt will still cause a problem.
Thought I at the time could get away with missing the snow storms but we did not.
It was a quickly planed trip because of wifes situation of having an operation and our travel days would not make for long trips for her.
If I could have it would be in non snowy weather with less chance of salt.
The trip was worth it but required some work after it.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Well, If No One Else Will See It

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletruck View Post
Hi everyone!
I would love to see some pictures of other owners motorhome undercarriages...
These photos are personal and private, but if you promise not to share them...

Six years old, garaged, driven 10,000 miles per year, never lived in. Total mileage 95,000 miles with steady maintenance in compliance with Spartan directives.

I've got some flaking frame paint that needs brushed and repainted. Largely due to dash air condensate dripping arbitrarily onto the frame; and, a fresh water tank connecting manifold drip. Oddly, the black iron gas pipe all needs brushed and painted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4428.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	645.2 KB
ID:	19012   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4801.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	486.4 KB
ID:	19013  

RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNeophytes2

These photos are personal and private, but if you promise not to share them...

Six years old, garaged, driven 10,000 miles per year, never lived in. Total mileage 95,000 miles with steady maintenance in compliance with Spartan directives.

I've got some flaking frame paint that needs brushed and repainted. Largely due to dash air condensate dripping arbitrarily onto the frame; and, a fresh water tank connecting manifold drip. Oddly, the black iron gas pipe all needs brushed and painted.
WOW!!! 95,000?? That's crazy it looks brand new! Do you treat it or coat it with anything? All weather? All places?

WWW.WhatTheHowell.com
Old 03-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007"
You may have coated locks and electrical applications with protectorate's but salt will still cause a problem.
Thought I at the time could get away with missing the snow storms but we did not.
It was a quickly planed trip because of wifes situation of having an operation and our travel days would not make for long trips for her.
If I could have it would be in non snowy weather with less chance of salt.
The trip was worth it but required some work after it.
Thanks, hope your wife is better.

WWW.WhatTheHowell.com
Old 03-19-2012, 04:53 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Best advice is to stay out of states that use the liquid salt brine for icing, that stuff is nasty, even when it dries, the residual gets everywhere, then when you have wet roads it will rust everything it comes in contact with. Good Luck
Old 03-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Ragged and Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletruck View Post
WOW!!! 95,000?? That's crazy it looks brand new! Do you treat it or coat it with anything? All weather? All places?
I've spritzed it with undercoating; but, the frame rails have yet to be repainted.

Rustoleum has this new stuff that converts rust, I'm going to try it.
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

I have used that rustoleum on rust for a few years and it woks great,get rid of anything loose and spray it.
greezykid is offline   Reply With Quote