Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-18-2015, 08:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Dents in Fiberglass Cap

This is on the front cap on a Access 24V class C. There are indentations approx 1" deep by 4-5" long across the whole face of the curve. Looks like buckling no signs of water leaks or bad caulking joints. I'm not sure of the construction is this Filon backed by foam? Has anyone any thoughts on this issue. (If you can't tell from picture, if this was made out of aluminum it would be like a kid hit it with a broom stick along the whole length)
Topwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:46 AM   #2
aa1ssradio

Have you been in any hail storms???
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:43 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Getting ready to purchase I'll have to ask seller. Good possibility but no dents on hood.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:02 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

It looks like someone had something like a canoe or kayak strapped to the roof. It's possible that when they tightened the straps they deformed the roof material. Look under the motorhome along the sides. I'll bet there are marks where the straps were attached to the body or the frame.

The sealant on the roof looks like an antenna was moved or removed to make room for whatever they carried on the roof. Winnebago doesn't make holes in the roof then cover them with sealant. If you order an option they will install it. If you delete an option (like a radio) the hole is never put through the roof.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Is there a possibility the coach hit a flock of birds? It is not likely that is what happened but stranger things than that have happened.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:54 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2014 24V purchased new. I have the same "dents" in mine. RV dealer emailed Winnebago about repairing. Winnebago and RV dealer said was cosmetic only and probably due to heat but would not leak or cause a problem. Have not had any problems in over a year, but pictures/complaint is on file with Winnebago if there are any future problems.
jrcwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks to all the replys. I passed on this coach due to seller not being very helpful. Purchased another brand today. Maybe a Winnebago next time.