Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Deluxe Sound Power Filter

My radio has stopped powering up. Also, I am not getting any sound out of the system when the TV is on (may not be part of the problem)

I isolated the problem to the continuous 12 volt source to the radio. I tried to run a direct 12 volt line to the radio. Radio would turn on ans seemed to work normally. No sound.

I downloaded the drawings and after tracing lines I think I have isolated the problem to the Deluxe Sound Power Filter.

Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone tell me where the power filter is located?

Thanks,

Keith Hardman
Old 05-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
RKL
Winnebago Owner

deluxe sound power filter

On my 02 journey, the deluxe sound equipment and filter are located under the footrest just to the left of the brake pedal...good luck RKL
Old 05-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

The filter is a big block like thing somewhere in the power line.

Electriclly it is just a coil of wire, they almost never fail, but the key word is "Almost"

Also connections TO the filter can fail.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Would it be about 3x4 and about 2 in deep. I have a box similar to that on the hump jst below the radio and to the left of the air distribution box.

It seems to me that this box had two wires out one end and a single wire out the opposite end.

I have a feeling that it is the wiring going to the filter.

Keith
Old 05-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

i think I have narrowed it down to 128074-02-000 on Page 46 of the Winnebago Parts and Accessories Catalog.

It sits aft of the dash on the hump near the air distribution box.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:58 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Keith,
when i bought it 5 years ago, my moho had no sound from the front tv speakers or the surround sound speakers. there is a ''filter'' behind the tv that sits on the floor of the enclosure. it is supposed to be connected by 2 rca connectors, red and white, to the rear of the tv. it was not connected. i had to use a mirror to reconnect the wires. there is a loud hum if the filter is not positioned just right. i use velcro to hold it down.
the tv has a menu that i had to use to turn on the variable sound.
my radio amplifier is used to power the surround sound so the radio must be on and powered by the house batteries.
my winnebago manual is severely lacking regarding the tv and audio setup and the wiring diagram is not correct.
it took me almost a year to figure this all out.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehardman View Post
Would it be about 3x4 and about 2 in deep. I have a box similar to that on the hump jst below the radio and to the left of the air distribution box.

It seems to me that this box had two wires out one end and a single wire out the opposite end.

I have a feeling that it is the wiring going to the filter.

Keith
Without reading the label on it I can not be sure but since you said "Could it be" the answer is yes.. You have done a fair job of describing at least SOME filters..

As I said, the filter is basically a coil of wire. thus it needs two 'Full size' wires in and out. There may also be condensers (Capacitors) in the filter.. If so then it needs a ground wire, this will likely be the single wire, and it will most likely be BLACK. (electronics standard ground color, to the extent that there IS such a standard) however that is not guaranteed.

The other two should show battery voltage on your meter.

NOTE: In my coach there is a much larger box, heat sunk, but that's the high power audio apmplfier which they seemed to think I needed.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

You have described the box pretty good. There are 2 labels onthe box -- NF72B3W and L2001.29.A1

Three wires enter the box.
Two wires enter the left side -- GND (white) and 12 Volts (Yellow).
One wire on the right side (Yellow) output is .25 volts.

My thoughts are that the right side Yellow wire should have 12-14 volts output.

Any more advice I will readily accept.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Just solved the problem. I took the Deluxe Sound Power Filter out of the circuit and everything works. Now I can get some sleep tonight.

Keith
Old 05-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehardman View Post
You have described the box pretty good. There are 2 labels onthe box -- NF72B3W and L2001.29.A1

Three wires enter the box.
Two wires enter the left side -- GND (white) and 12 Volts (Yellow).
One wire on the right side (Yellow) output is .25 volts.

My thoughts are that the right side Yellow wire should have 12-14 volts output.

Any more advice I will readily accept.

Thanks for the help.

Your thinking is 100% on the mark.

NOTE: the filter is there to filter out either ignition pops (Gasser) or alternator whine (Gas or Diesel) if you do not have a problem with those,, Forget the filter.. It has no other useful purpose.

I do not knwo if there is a power line filter on my coach or not, I do know power was "Broken" (woudl cut in and out) I bypassed from the fuse block (Radio lead) to the radio, no more trouble.

The only time I have a problem is when I have the Radio set to AUX IN so I can play Mini-Discs or MP3's through the system, and I hit the jack buttons to level after parking.. It picks up the jack motor. Jacks sound "Strange" Till I turn the radio off.