Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Day/Night blinds

We have a broken day/night blind on our Journey '08. I downloaded the instructions on how to re-string it but need to know how to get the blind out from under the valance first. Any suggestions??
Thank you.
cfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Not sure if yours is the same as mine, but I had to look up between the glass and under the shade to find the release clip. Twisted it with a flat blade screw driver to release.

It may help to remove the window glass from the track so you can get your head in and see it from underneath.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up

When we bought our Winnebago Adventurer it was missing the D/N shade by the Dinnette. It took their guy about 4 min to install the new one, and about ten min to adjust the side strings, and he removed nothing.
I do as much as possible to our Coach, so if that was one of my problems I'd look for clips similar to verticle shades we have in the S/B. I would use a mirror before starting to remove the valances etc.
Good Luck.
Piledrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

This worked on my Itasca, probably the same: Raise the blind completely. Look up into the bottom of the valance, behind the blind, to locate phillips screw heads, one at each end. Can't remember if there is one in the middle. The screws go through the top piece of the blind, Pull the screws and it comes right out. Easy.
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
GG1
Winnie-Wise

Usually there are 2 screws at each end on inside of the valance and a clip in the center or near the center. Its easier with a cordless screwdriver and an extension phillips head bit. Remove the screws first then push up with your thumb on the large part of the clip its towards the inside of the coach and the shade will release. The clip stays mounted inside the valance, when installing the shade the back of the clip thats closest to the window fits into the slot on top of the shade then you will have to push up on the shade and pop it into the clip this will hold the shade in place so you can install the screws, you should be able to slide the shade from side to side to center it in the valance. If you can lie on your back and look up into the valance with a flashlight or lighted screwdriver. They get easier after you do 3 or 4. Thats the easy part! A company called FIX MY BLINDS is very helpful they sell string and assorted parts
Old 06-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

There you go. GG1 has more accurately described the process, better than my memory from a couple years back. Isn't this forum great?
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
YC1
Winnebago Owner

You do need an articulating head to see under the valence. I try to get comfortable and get my head in a position where one would put eyedrops in. Once you locate the screws and get the tool in place you can stop looking for a few minutes while you take the screws out. Often the screws are phillips with a square head hole. The square head tool is way easier to remove the screws with. You may find one or two really hidden so take your time.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote