Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2018, 08:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Dash Removal

I have a Itasca Meridian 42E. I'm installing a CB antenna and want to remove the dash so that I can get easy access to the information center to hook up a antenna splitter and the CB antenna lead. Can anyone help me in figuring out the sequence in removing the outer dash shell?
mdickerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Not sure what year Meridian you are driving, so take this for what value it has. We recently remodeled our 2007 Journey 34SE to include replacing the carpet with tile throughout. We needed to remove the dash to enable a clean tile job running underneath the dash to the firewall. In our rig, there are three lower dash panels - next to the driver a panel houses the radio, to the right of that, the center panel, to the right of that the right panel has several AC vents. But, there are only three screws on the left side of the left panel housing the radio. We removed those and pulled on the panel. The right side pulled away, but the left side was hooked to the center panel by a hook system on the reverse side. It easily unhooks. Then the right side of the center panel can be pulled out. Again, the right side of the center panel is hooked to the left side of the right panel. Unhook the center panel from the right panel, then pull on the left side of the right panel. Again, the right side of the right panel is hooked to the firewall by a hook system. Disengage and the lower dash has been removed.

As I read this, it sounds more difficult than it is. Since the panels basically clip together and to the firewall, there are only three screws to be removed. Remove the panels right to left, replace right to left.
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:23 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Dash Removal

Thanks. This helps. I noticed the screws on the left panel and will start there. Much appreciated.
mdickerson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, removal