Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Dash cover information request

Did a search here and on Google but not finding much regarding dash covers. The problem is likely all the different motorhome dash configurations and low volume numbers for manufacturers to sell to.

One company is Dash Board Covers by Josie, but their website (Dashboard Covers by Josie - Specializing in Dashboard Covers for Motorhomes!) has very limited information listed, including not even a single picture of a motorhome dash. I did call them and got some information, such as the cover is only for the top of the dash, it does not roll over the front by a few inches, and has no a/c or defroster cut-outs.

Could anyone that has purchased one, either 'by Josie' or any other manufacturer post a picture and information on where to purchase? I was quoted $210 with shipping from 'by Josie' but ideally, I would be willing to pay more if there is someone out there that makes custom dash covers and takes into account something like the dash defroster vents and a/c vents.

Thank you. -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I'm happy with ours from Josie. You will have to cut the defrosters yourself with a razor knife after you get it mounted. It's not a big deal. I leave mine the way it came as we live in a warmer climate. It will not fray if you cut...
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:37 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnystrom View Post
I'm happy with ours from Josie. You will have to cut the defrosters yourself with a razor knife after you get it mounted. It's not a big deal. I leave mine the way it came as we live in a warmer climate. It will not fray if you cut...
Any chance you could post a couple of pictures to get a better idea of what they offer? I'd like to see how you handled the defroster vents.

I can't believe their website, which has been around for a long, doesn't offer a single photo of their dash cover installed on a motorhome. The website doesn't even offer the ability to email them! -RT
Old 02-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I think because it's a mom and pop small business. I'll get out and take a pic so you can see but I did not cut the vents and for us there is no need to. We have 2 cat's that like to camp on it...
Old 02-28-2014, 09:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We have one by Josie. Have not cut out for vents because of no need. It just lies across the dash, we did not even use the Velcro to hold it down in places. We like it.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTegarini View Post
Did a search here and on Google but not finding much regarding dash covers. The problem is likely all the different motorhome dash configurations and low volume numbers for manufacturers to sell to.

One company is Dash Board Covers by Josie, but their website (Dashboard Covers by Josie - Specializing in Dashboard Covers for Motorhomes!) has very limited information listed, including not even a single picture of a motorhome dash. I did call them and got some information, such as the cover is only for the top of the dash, it does not roll over the front by a few inches, and has no a/c or defroster cut-outs.

Could anyone that has purchased one, either 'by Josie' or any other manufacturer post a picture and information on where to purchase? I was quoted $210 with shipping from 'by Josie' but ideally, I would be willing to pay more if there is someone out there that makes custom dash covers and takes into account something like the dash defroster vents and a/c vents.

Thank you. -RT
Here's the pic's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0854.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	57224   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0855.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	57225  

Old 03-13-2014, 10:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

My new dash covers

Hi all,

Just saw this thread and wanted to respond since I started a similar thread a few days ago. Please go to http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/motor...ly-195954.html

I posted the photos if you'd like to check them out. We are very happy with the final result.
Navimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I wanted to post an update: I have ordered two dash covers, one for a Sightseer and one for a Sunova. They should be here in two to three weeks and I'll post a photo or two once I get them. I have to say that Dorothy of Blondie's Pit Stop Blondie's Pit Stop: Enjoy The Car You Drive! was very patient with all my emailing back and forth, trying to make sure of what I wanted. Due to the design of the dash in my specific motorhome, I wanted a 4 ½" extension or 'waterfall' to drop down the front part of the dash, and was told 'no problem'! Other companies I had contacted had told me they could't install defroster vent holes and no extensions, so anyone that wants a more custom-style dash cover should contact Dorothy.

I'm looking forward to delivery and will post an additional update as soon as I can. -RT

Tags
dash