Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2019, 09:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Dash air not working properly...

2015 Vista, 35F. Made a stop this morning and everything seemed to be working OK. Starting again, turned on the dash air and no matter the setting, air only blows out of the defrost openings up front. Every setting, same result. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this on their Winnebago F53 and if you found the solution before I start deeper investigation in the morning. Thank you.
ATC Vectors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Smile Found and fixed my problem...

The center console on my coach has the typical 7 position switch to choose A/C, Vent/Defrost, etc...

In back of the switch, there is a connector with 6 vacuum lines that connects to the switch. The 6 vacuum lines are each a different color, with 4 of the lines going to the air plenum right behind the center console and 2 of the lines routed through the firewall into the engine bay.

One of the lines going to the air plenum had simply worked its way loose after nearly 5 years and thousands of miles of banging around. Simply reattached the line and back in business.

I have to thank Winnebago service for taking the time on the phone to direct me to where and what to look for. A real sense of accomplishment when you can fix it yourself.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

ATC,
Please look at my photos attached. Are these what your “vacuum Lines” look like? When I pulled my panel off, they look like wires more than like a vacuum line.
Jim
2001 Journey 36DL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D0AD5DAF-A0B5-4198-8F2B-A91666DEA7B4.jpeg
Views:	124
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	172100   Click image for larger version

Name:	90CB7777-67BB-43BD-8085-F1017EDC8F7B.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	172101  

Old 08-20-2019, 05:40 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Jim,

In the 2nd picture, the connector to the right has 2 inputs. The lower input are all vacuum lines. They are blue, white, yellow, red, and in my case there were 2 others one of them black. The black and blue lines went from the switch through my firewall and into the engine compartment. My white line had worked its way lose from a connection on the air plenum. Hooked it back up and it solved my problem.

Let me know if I can help anymore.

Rick
Old 08-20-2019, 09:39 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Rick. I probably have similar problem and will check it out. This is a real help. Not real familiar with AC’s, can you pls tell me what/where the air plenum is that the white vacuum hose connects to that had you leak? Is it inside our on the outside of firewall?
Jim
Old 08-21-2019, 09:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Jim,

The air plenum on my coach is directly behind the panel with the the control switches. There are a lot of electrical wires, vacuum lines and air supply runs vents making it quite crowded back there.

I simple traced each vacuum line with my hand from the back of the switch to where it connected to the air plenum. I found that my white line had worked its way off of the plenum, reattached it and I was back in business.

Now, I have a Ford chassis and am not sure if you would have the exact setup since you have an 01 diesel and I have a 15 gas. Probably not the same but similar theory of operation. Good luck.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Dash Air follow up

This may be a stupid question but I am having similar air conditioning issues. On normal air it seems to work OK but when on Max there is less air from the vents and most going out the defrost vents. The funny part is I can actually hear an air leak at the vacuum/electric switch on the dash in the "off" or "Max AC" position only. In normal, vent, floor I don't hear these leaks. On my 2005 Sightseer I will have to remove the radio to really see the back but if it's not a cracked or broken line do you think it is the actual switch?

Thanks for any assistance
retireewanttobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 06:02 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATC Vectors View Post
The center console on my coach has the typical 7 position switch to choose A/C, Vent/Defrost, etc...

In back of the switch, there is a connector with 6 vacuum lines that connects to the switch. The 6 vacuum lines are each a different color, with 4 of the lines going to the air plenum right behind the center console and 2 of the lines routed through the firewall into the engine bay.

One of the lines going to the air plenum had simply worked its way loose after nearly 5 years and thousands of miles of banging around. Simply reattached the line and back in business.

I have to thank Winnebago service for taking the time on the phone to direct me to where and what to look for. A real sense of accomplishment when you can fix it yourself.
I know this thread is a bit older, however, I am having some trouble, too.
My a/c functions well including the temperature selector. BUT the air flow is strictly from the dash regardless of selector.
I can see the recirculation door behind the grill on the passenger side floor move freely when switched between OFF or MAX position.
I have checked the vacuum ball under the dash BUT have not checked under the dog house.
So I'm wondering if a I have a broken hose on the back side of the switch, too. If so, how the heck do I get to it? Thanks.
NBVista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 12:32 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Sounds like the same issue I had this year on my 2005 Sightseer, my issue was the vacuum line that had developed a few holes in the blue line which I discovered when I opened the front engine department (not the doghouse). Mine would engage but loose vacuum, I could actually hear a little vacuum noise when in max position at the control knob even though the vacuum leak was under the front hood, good luck
retireewanttobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 03:16 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Today I got behind the dash switches and could see all the hoses that attach to the selector switch. They all look good and were attached. Also, when I pull off small hose from the vacuum ball under the hood, it leaked out air or the vacuum. Again, once I start the engine the vacuum builds again. It moves the damper door but not the vents selection even though I can hear the vacuum as it go through the various selections.
I also took off the engine cover to see if I could see any vacuum hoses eaten or missing. Didn't know what's I was looking for but did find a fitting that looks like two hoses go to. Not capped and no hoses? That would be on the engine left at the top.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211107_143336.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	181268  
NBVista is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, dash air