Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-12-2015, 10:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Dash air/heater problem

When I use the dash air on my suncruiser air comes thru the defroster instead of the regular outlets. Also the heater control sticks on hot unless i manually depress the control valve on the heater hose. My thought is these functions are controlled by vacuum pressure. Is there a vacuum pressure valve or control device I can check?
pattcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:52 AM   #2
aa1ssradio

You have a bad vacuum line somewhere under the hood. Check them for cracks.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

If your motorhome is built on the Ford chassis there are 2 vacuum reservoirs I would check. There's one in the center of the engine compartment from left to right attached to the sheet metal above and in front of the radiator. It's hard to see unless you stick you head under the hood and look up. The blue hose on this one often gets knocked off when someone checks the oil level.

The second reservoir to check is attached to the frame under the passengers side headlight. It's larger than the one above the engine and is rectangular in shape. This one has a plug with 2 fairly large hoses on the back side. The plug sometimes works loose enough to allow a vacuum leak.

If you don't find leaks at either of these locations you may have to take off the engine cover and inspect for rodent damage or deteriorating hoses. There are also a couple ports that aren't used that should have rubber caps over them. Diagnosis is easier if you have a vacuum gauge.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:33 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Mine is on the chevrolet chassis.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

You have a vacuum leak. As another stated, check all your hoses for cracks / disconnects. Call Winnebago Service Assist and they'll email you a diagram of the system. That makes it much easier to determine which hose is causing the problem or otherwise troubleshoot the system. Vacuum is the key to a properly operating dash air system!
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattcook View Post
Mine is on the chevrolet chassis.
If you notice, most of us have some info about our rig in our signature. If you would please go the your User CP (control panel) and fill in some info to help us help you, that would be great. There are many resources available when we know what model and year we are assisting the op with.

I had a problem with one of my coaches. It was a cracked vacuum hose. Others have mentioned this and it is the first place to look.

Happy trails,
Rick Y
Old 02-16-2015, 08:36 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Should of mentioned at the start but I have an 03 Suncruiser on GM chassis.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattcook View Post
When I use the dash air on my suncruiser air comes thru the defroster instead of the regular outlets. Also the heater control sticks on hot unless i manually depress the control valve on the heater hose. My thought is these functions are controlled by vacuum pressure. Is there a vacuum pressure valve or control device I can check?
If you have a diesel engine there's a 12V vacuum pump and a vacuum reservoir somewhere.
What year/model Suncruiser do you own?

BTW, posting detailed information in any forum question wlll help get you useable answers.

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:00 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Good ole Scotty Kilmer

1992 County Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:46 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

pattcook, there is a rubber elbow up front at the water shut off valve that cracks open, that were I would check first.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, heater, dash air