Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2006, 02:59 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Kazoo Tom,

You are correct, although the two systems are similar the link you provided is the exact system. I changed the relay for 12 bucks and I have all speeds working on the fan now. I also run the roof air this time of year but it's good to have the dash AC to cool down the front. Service is really bad here in the Phoenix area weeks on a waiting list and last time I had service at Earnhardts for the Norcold recall they left half of the fridge wires disconnected. Well I'm off to San Diego next month as my son will graduate MCRD. Good Luck, Thanks and Happy Trails....-Steve
spaccman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:11 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Glad you got everything working ok now. Have a great and uneventful trip.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Oh well, I replaced the high speed relay as noted in the trouble shooting page. This didn't work. Instead of throwing money away changing parts, I talked to a couple of people about the trouble. After trouble shooting the resistor, fan speed selector switch, fuses, I still have only the 3 lower speeds but no high speed, and no solution to the problem. I'll keep trying to figure it out.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:55 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

bobpie, The only other thing that I can think of is to check the wiring under the dash and the plug to the resistor to make sure all connections are tight. This one's a real puzzle.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:37 PM   #25
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kazoo Tom:
I did, however purchase the parts thru Lichtsinn Motors .... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't forget about our alternate forum sponsor, Winnebago Parts.com I stopped by there while visiting the mother ship and they have a nice operation. Give them a shot the next time you need Winnebago parts.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:19 PM   #26
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kazoo Tom:
bobpie, The only other thing that I can think of is to check the wiring under the dash and the plug to the resistor to make sure all connections are tight. This one's a real puzzle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks Tom or barb, All connections are tight, Dougmyers suggest to jump the relay out, which I did and still no high speed,the wiring diagram from Acme shows the high speed fan power comming from the battery through a fuse. I can't seem to find the fuse and check it out. Max49 said his was under the hood behind the fuse box. Not mine. Having checked the voltage at the fan motor, it's showing 11.4 volts on all three speeds, and then 0 volts on high speed. Also no voltage on the top terminal of the high speed relay. Now if I can only see just where these power wires go to, and find that fuse, I think this may be my trouble. The wires run through the firewall and go under the passanger side dash board. This looks like a lot to disassemble, and an awlfully bad spot to have a fuse. I'll keep looking.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
Old 05-24-2006, 06:11 PM   #27
Winnie-Wise

You probably have already done this, but it might not hurt to check all the fuses in the fuse panel under the dash. The last work I did under the dash I pressed down on all the fuses and found two that were not fully seated. Just a thought. Sometimes the most confusing problems have the simplest solutions. I would also check all the plugs to make sure they are fully seated and not vibrated loose. Is it possible that you have a bad relay?

Tom
Old 05-25-2006, 02:12 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

In a P-30 chassie I had a ground problem on the fan motor. As the motor is mountd
in the fiber heat/ac ducts. It would run on low and some time on med. but would not
run at all on high. The ground wire was rusted where it was attached to the chassie,
And would not carry the higheer current demand. TENN.VOL.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:37 AM   #29
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for that tip Tenn.vol.I'll have to check it out.