Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-17-2018, 03:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Cover Recommendations

Hi,

I am a new RV owner. My RV is a 2013 Winnebago Itasca Sunstar 26HE. I am looking for recommendations on a good quality cover. I have acreage so I will be parking my rig at home. At present I do not have a building big enough to park it out of the sun. However, this summer I will be extending the side barn so I have a covered parking area. Until then I want to put a cover on it, but I want a good quality cover that will stand up to wind gusts and also reflect heat so I don’t get heat buildup under the cover and cause damage. I say this because I know someone who used a cheap dark colored cover and heat built up under the cover and caused considerable warping.

All recommendations appreciated.

Thanks.
Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:37 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Fred... Such a short period - the cost of the quality you are looking for may be excessive. If rain is not a principal issue, I'd look into a mesh they use as a windbreak for tennis courts or the like. It likely not going to turn into a sandpaper parachute, and even tho' dark, will not trap heat like a solid.

I think you have an incentive to get your carport done sooner.

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote