Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2003, 05:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Question for Cruzer:
You stated:

quote :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also the auxiliary coach heat that runs off the engine coolant while you drive feeds the floor registers also.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My '99 aux. heat from the coolant only feeds the water heater and the rear heater under the bed. Was what you stated a change in the newer models or am I missing something on mine?

Don Harris
Savannah, GA
1999 Winnebago Adventurer, 35C, Class A, Ford V10, 20,500 GVWR chassis.
1995 Saturn SW2 Toad, Blue Ox Aventa towing system, SMI Toad brake.

Savannah, GA
Don-Savannah, GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 05:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Question for Cruzer:
You stated:

quote :
Also the auxiliary coach heat that runs off the engine coolant while you drive feeds the floor registers also.

My '99 aux. heat from the coolant only feeds the water heater and the rear heater under the bed. Was what you stated a change in the newer models or am I missing something on mine?

Don Harris
Savannah, GA

Savannah, GA
Old 09-21-2003, 05:41 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Look on your dash. There should be a switch to turn the fan on to blow engine heat through the floor vents.

Tom & Bonnie
Gardens RV Village
Crossville, TN
Winn. Adventurer 35U
W-20 8.1 Vortec
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 05:46 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Don,

Look in the original thread. I just answered it over there.

Mark & Leann Quasius
2003 Suncruiser 33V - Workhorse 20
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 05:47 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

rvten
There is a switch for aux. heat on the dash but it runs the fan for the heater under the bed that blows hot air out 2 hoses out of the bed support frame and into the room, not through the floor.

Don Harris
Savannah, GA

Savannah, GA
Old 09-22-2003, 04:38 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Don-Savannah, GA:
rvten
There is a switch for aux. heat on the dash but it runs the fan for the heater under the bed that blows hot air out 2 hoses out of the bed support frame and into the room, not through the floor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then they made a change. My aux heat goes through all the floor registers and it will cook you out of the coach if left on "high" for long. It really does put out the heat.

Mark & Leann Quasius
2003 Suncruiser 33V - Workhorse 20
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 05:09 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks folks, I was pretty sure I did not have ducted heat off the engine coolant but wanted to confirm it. I guess my old '99 is getting outdated fast.

Don Harris
Savannah, GA

Savannah, GA
Old 09-29-2003, 10:47 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Mine too, DON

ichn2go
99 35C Adventurer V10
20500# Chassis
1 Beautiful Wife
2 Beautiful Dogs
NO TOAD
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 07:14 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

guess we are just the the fortunate one 's to own a coach that the mfg thought of a really great idear.

I don't really care if it comes from the foor or the rear(as it does on our coach, as long as it does the job) traveling on the road and have rear heat in cold country is a plus and to also have hot water to wash in bath is great,reach a destination and have instant hot water .GREAT.
KUDO'S TO THE ENGINEERED THE THING.
ctotal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:14 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via ICQ to Pat Z Send a message via AIM to Pat Z Send a message via Yahoo to Pat Z
Has anyone replaced the blower on the Aux Coach heater? Last year mine would not run on low and was noisy on HI. This year the fuse blows when ever I turn it on. FYI it is a 15 amp fuse on the top right column under tha dash, mine also controls the rear monitor. What reall annoys me is that if this fan ran 10 hours in 3 years that's a lot. Now I need to replace it. It looks like the hot water heater must come out, which looks like a job in itself. So if anyone has replaced the blower or the hot watre heater, I would appreciate any tips.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:15 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Pat, that low usage that you mentioned is probably a major contributing factor for this blower motor. Lack of use will cause the bearings (bushings?) to dry out and will increase friction, resulting is higher current draw, slower operation and blown fuses.

You may be able to see if putting a few drops of light machine oil on the bearings, then turning the blower by hand, will free it up. After checking it that way, try turning on the fan switch, starting on "Hi' position, then switching to "low".

You may have to remove the blower to get to the bearings. If so, you can check it on a 12 volt battery out of the coach, to see if this worked.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:23 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: We have a 2000 Itasca 35U and the heat comes out of all the floor vents and really does a good job heating the coach. Judging from you comment about the 1999 this must be the first year. Our blower is also starting to sound noisy, so we appreciate the comments about servicing/accessing the blower. Let us know if you have success in repairing/replacing the blower. Thanks.
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Hi All, our blower finally blew the circuit breaker when I used it last, and I finally need to do something with this motor.
I can't find any documentation or other threads on how to fix this.
Do you go through the dog house to access, or remove the water heater, or rip the carpeting out and fix it that way??
It's like the whole MH was built around this fan housing, and you need to completly dissassemble the MH to fix this.
Can anybody shed any light on this?
thanks, jim
33v 2003, Workhorse
Old 03-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Hi,

I had to remove the Hot Water Heater to repair mine.

Check out my previous thread.

Aux Heater Thread
Old 03-10-2007, 04:39 AM   #15
Winnie-Wise

I hate to sound stupid, but is "heat the coach" thing for gas only? My DP only heats the water heater going down the road unless I'm missing something.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:19 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Hi there.
This only works when the engine is hot and water is flowing through the core. So yes, it only works going down the road.
When it works, it's a great way to keep the whole MH warm, all the way to the back.
Your DP might not have this feature, not sure.
Take care.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CHIPPYSGT:
I hate to sound stupid, but is "heat the coach" thing for gas only? My DP only heats the water heater going down the road unless I'm missing something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gas only....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:48 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirk Ostermiller:
Hi Ho: We have a 2000 Itasca 35U and the heat comes out of all the floor vents and really does a good job heating the coach. Judging from you comment about the 1999 this must be the first year. Our blower is also starting to sound noisy, so we appreciate the comments about servicing/accessing the blower. Let us know if you have success in repairing/replacing the blower. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a 2004 and it doesn't come from the floor vents, just the vents on a panel under the refrigerator. It must be model specific rather than year specific.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:04 PM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clay L:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirk Ostermiller:
Hi Ho: We have a 2000 Itasca 35U and the heat comes out of all the floor vents and really does a good job heating the coach. Judging from you comment about the 1999 this must be the first year. Our blower is also starting to sound noisy, so we appreciate the comments about servicing/accessing the blower. Let us know if you have success in repairing/replacing the blower. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a 2004 and it doesn't come from the floor vents, just the vents on a panel under the refrigerator. It must be model specific rather than year specific. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the Sightseer, the aux heat comes out of vinyl vents under the bed or under the refrigerator....directly from the motoraid.

On the Voyage and Adventurer, the air goes directly into the floor vents, and also into the holding tank area.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote