Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We are currently in a spot that was difficult to get the coach leveled. Slope to the rear had the back jacks way out so I pulled them all up, put 2 2 x 12 under each rear pad and it helped a lot. Coach, according to small round bubble level in the ref., is dead on. We have felt it before in other locations but the movement while walking through the coach seems more than usual. Any ideas to dampen the movement?

Thanks, Mike
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We are currently in a spot that was difficult to get the coach leveled. Slope to the rear had the back jacks way out so I pulled them all up, put 2 2 x 12 under each rear pad and it helped a lot. Coach, according to small round bubble level in the ref., is dead on. We have felt it before in other locations but the movement while walking through the coach seems more than usual. Any ideas to dampen the movement?

Thanks, Mike
Old 07-13-2008, 09:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Due to the extreme angle the front levelers are probably not making good contact and allowing the coach to rock. The front springs may be providing enough lift to make too light on the jacks.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Mike,

Being you are facing down hill with front of the coach, the coach could move forward being your parking brake is on the rear wheels, which are off the ground.

In your current situation you may want to block the front wheel or get the rear wheel back on the ground.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Be carefull how high you lift the rear end. If you are putting blocks under the rear levelers then most probably you are lifting the rear tires off the ground. When the rear tires are off the ground you lose the capabilty of the E-Brake. I myself don't feel comfortabe in that situation (yes, I have done it before). When I was "Up In The Air" I noticed the coach wiggled more. If I have to level the rear that much I carry tire ramps to do most of the leveling and the stabilizers to do just that. When the coach is-a-rockin', don't come-a-knockin'. HTH

Workhorse W-24
Rock-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Rear wheels are in full contact with the ground, if I had a situation where they would be up I would move rather than keep them like that. The attitude of the coach is down slope to the rear, not the front. All jacks are down and in full contact. I used the blocks under the rear jacks so they wouldn't be out to their limits.

Mike
Old 07-13-2008, 10:39 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lthrnk:

Thanks, Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always use tire "contour fit" plastic chocks...large ones..placed on downslope side.
Seems to work....and always reminds me jacks are down..I always pull chocks after raising jacks.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Did you dump the air prior to leveling? I've forgotten to do that a couple of times and it makes a difference.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote