Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2008, 04:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Took our 03 Adven out on a holiday trip, everything worked fine after 3 months in storage BUT the coach heat would not work. Switch on dash has "low", "high" but nothing happens. Looked for a blown fuse, replaced a 20amp but did not change results. Used propane furnace for coach heat while driving 18 hrs. I think it is something "easy" as it just stopped working, was working last time out. Thanks
Lou

43 QRP
Lou H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:14 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Took our 03 Adven out on a holiday trip, everything worked fine after 3 months in storage BUT the coach heat would not work. Switch on dash has "low", "high" but nothing happens. Looked for a blown fuse, replaced a 20amp but did not change results. Used propane furnace for coach heat while driving 18 hrs. I think it is something "easy" as it just stopped working, was working last time out. Thanks
Lou

43 QRP
Old 01-07-2008, 05:35 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I take it you are talking about the blower that pulls heat off the engine while driving.

We had an 01 Adventurer. The morot froze up and would blow thw fuse when I tried to use it.

I never did get it fixed and never missed it.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

My fan froze up also and I never got it fixed either. To fix it, they have to remove the water heater. Too big a job for what little use I got out of it. The fuse is also used for the back monitor in my rig. I had to unplug the switch as I would bump it when cleaning the windshield and blow the fuse.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

One time I lifted the dash up to do something. Then afterwards my heater fan would not work. Found out that when I lifted the dash it pulled the plug off the back of the switch.
Just a thought.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

If you are talking about the heating/AC System in the dash then you are not alone.
We 'lost' our fan in our heat/ac system but in checking it out find that the high speed section works fine. We can put the fan control switch one low, medium or high and get nothing, but when I turn the control to full high speed the fan motor comes on a blasting.
I spoke with Customer Service at Forest City and the suggestion was that a Resistor or Relay had burned out and to see a Service Dealer for repair.
We are in Misson Texas for a few days and then will be headed towards Houston.
Any suggestions on what to fix or repair?
Any suggestions on a place to go for repair?

Hope someone can help the OP and me with these very similar problems.

Full Time 2003 Journey DL
CaptChet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

lhiendel,
I think you are talking about the motor-aid heater, not the one under the dash. I didn't think mine was working either but didn't understand it. Can you hear the damper close in the floor at the rear of the motor cover. (might be under fold out table). If so the fan is working. Next, this is the cold air return for the coach. It does not blow hot air out of this register. As you probably are aware, it takes about 100 miles to warm up this heater. With the fan on, you should be able to feel hot air coming from the other registers. I was releived to find this out last year. Hope this helps.
Rigrunner
Old 01-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks all...fuse did blow (back up cam out) every time I switched to "high"...I am betting on frozen fan...hoping to trade this spring...sounds costly to fix.
Hope to switch to Tiffin owners site in March!!
Lou

43 QRP