Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #1
RKL
Winnebago Owner

Cleaning driver and pass seats

What products do you reccommend for cleaning leather Flexsteel front seats. Ours are light creme colored. Thks rkl
RKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

You mean Ultraleather, A.K.A. vinyl?

Winnebago cleaning tips

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:43 PM   #3
RKL
Winnebago Owner

I assume ultraleather. O2 journey. Rkl
Old 05-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

On the spec sheet for my coach under options is listed "74N seats-cab-leather faced". Does that mean ultra-leather faced? $595.00 seems rather high in 2005 for fake. Inquiring minds!!
Old 05-20-2016, 07:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerboy View Post
On the spec sheet for my coach under options is listed "74N seats-cab-leather faced". Does that mean ultra-leather faced? $595.00 seems rather high in 2005 for fake. Inquiring minds!!
No offense, but it would be highly unusual for a FlexSteel seat in an Adventurer to be real leather since that's not even a standard upholstery material for FS.

Yes, $595 is a reasonable upcharge for Ultraleather over one of the lower priced fabrics. Take a look at the price of FS seats at Bradd & Hall, one of the major retailers in the US. Here's a link for the pricing for the FS chair we just purchased for our MH. Notice the price premium for Ultraleather and remember that this is just for one chair, so $595 for two isn't all that much. https://www.braddandhall.com/product...&idcategory=71
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:31 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Didn't mean to imply the seats in my coach were Flex Steel. I was just wondering if they were faced with REAL leather or ultra-leather. But then, I suppose when it comes to cleaning, a good soap and water would work for either.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:41 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
Not to be picky, but Ultraleather is a polyurethane facing, not vinyl.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:13 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to ed rzepka
Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post

Winnebago cleaning tips

What is considered a "mild soap" (per Winnebago cleaning tips)? I use an automotive leather cleaner.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:11 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed rzepka View Post
What is considered a "mild soap" (per Winnebago cleaning tips)? I use an automotive leather cleaner.
Ultraleather is plastic, not leather. There is no reason to use a leather cleaner. The oils provided in such products have no use in this application.

The following comes from the ultrafabrics website:

One of the best ways to keep all Ultrafabrics, LLC brand surfaces looking great is to properly maintain them by cleaning regularly to prevent excessive dirt from accumulating. Below is a general outline to help you keep your quality Ultrafabrics brand products looking their best.

Following these guidelines will help to extend the life of the fabric:
• Clean regularly with soap and water.
• Wipe up spills as soon as they occur.
• Alcohol based cleaners such as Fantastik® and Formula 409®
.• Sanitize using disinfectants such as bleach (20%) water solution, hydrogen peroxide based, or quaternary based*.
• For stubborn stains, wipe the stain off with isopropyl (rubbing alcohol) as soon as possible.
• Thoroughly rinse all solution residue with clean water.
• Air dry.

Th ultrafabrics website can be found here: https://www.ultrafabricsllc.com/site...structions.pdf
Old 05-21-2016, 07:48 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Sharon uses Dove Soap Bar. Lather with wet washrag, apply, wipe off with terrycloth. No rinsing needed.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:00 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

As a side note: Before we opted to reupholster our captains chairs (all of our furniture actually) with Ultra Leather, we priced new ones at the Brad and Hall store in Elkhart IN. I was surprised that the leather seats were only leather in certain places and were vinyl elsewhere and were cheaper than the full Ultra Leather covered seats.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:32 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay L View Post
As a side note: Before we opted to reupholster our captains chairs (all of our furniture actually) with Ultra Leather, we priced new ones at the Brad and Hall store in Elkhart IN. I was surprised that the leather seats were only leather in certain places and were vinyl elsewhere and were cheaper than the full Ultra Leather covered seats.
The "leather seats" in many automobiles are designed the same way (even on some very expensive cars), they are leather on only the seating surfaces with the rest being vinyl or other plastics.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:31 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
The "leather seats" in many automobiles are designed the same way (even on some very expensive cars), they are leather on only the seating surfaces with the rest being vinyl or other plastics.
Yeah, my Taurus and my Honda were made that way. What surprised me was that the Flexsteel leather option was cheaper than the Ultra Leather option at Brad and Hall.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:02 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay L View Post
Yeah, my Taurus and my Honda were made that way. What surprised me was that the Flexsteel leather option was cheaper than the Ultra Leather option at Brad and Hall.
There's all kinds of leather and the stuff used in automotive upholstery is often pretty stiff and not the supple stuff we have, for example, on our Ekornes Stressless furniture. Ultraleather is a premium product among quite a few competing brand of polyurethane finished fabrics. It's not all that surprising that inexpensive leather is cheaper than Ultraleather.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

My Flexsteel seat are leather. I use Leather honey cleaner and conditioner and my seats look new after 6 years.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:45 PM   #16
Winnie-Wise

The Flexsteel seats in my 2002 Ultimate Advantage are leather also --- I use leather cleaner and then a leather "polish" to finish them off. The cleaner gets rid of any marks, spills, etc. I apply with a microfiber cloth and then polish them with the polish to finish off -- keeps the leather very supple and smooth. The seats look new even today.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:09 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Cleaner for Leather Seats.

I had some Armor All Natural Finish Detailer sitting in the garage, and my wife used it on our Cream Colored Leather Seats in our 2007 Journey 36SG.
She was absolutely blown away at how well it cleaned the seats.
n9bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:38 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2005 Vectra that we bought from a private owner 3 years ago. He bought it from Lazy Days in Florida. All the seating, to include the driver and passenger seat were reupholstered in a imitation leather by Lazy Days. We use the coach several times a year for maybe six/8 weeks. the "skin" is separating from the backing every were my wife and I sit. We are small people.
Does someone make new covers for the driver and passengers seats that came originally with the coach. Any ideas on what our best option would be?
sandan100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver