Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
2002 Journey WPK36GD

Circular Toad light connectorissue

I have a 2002 Journey DL pulling a dolly w Honda Civic. Everything worked at one time in that the Headlight/brake and turns worked on the dolly just fine. Now for some unknown reason the turn signals and headlight/running lights work fine but the brake lights do not work. The coach itself works fine for running/turn/brakelights while the dolly is connected or disconnected.

So, I plugged the tow dolly into the Civic inline 4 connector installed and everything works fine. So I reconnected through my coach round to flat 4 way connector and it still does not work for brakes but everything else is OK.

Questions: 1. Is there a set of fuses exclusively for the external light system through the round plug?
2. Does the the round connector brake signal depend on the coach brake light system drawing a load?
3. is there a DPDT relay somewhere in the coach that could have gone bade only on the brake contacts? I have no idea as to turn signal vs brake light system and how it works.

Confused in NE IN.
CharlesMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Should be fuse test rv plug with test light.
Cataska is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, toad