Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

chassis manual for freightliner MH

I am a new owner of a 2005 Itasca 36rd MH. When I got it there were no manuals in it. I have gotten most of the manuals off of the internet. But I have not been able to get the chassis manual for the freightliner chassis. I have ordered one from freightliner but they sent me one that does not have anything to do with my coach. I have a Cat 7 not a Cummins and all of the front panels that the manual shows are different than what are in my coach. The part number on the manual they sent me is A24-00788-000. If anyone has a manual for the 2005 36RD an could let me know the part number I would appreciate it. That way I should be able to order one. Thank you.
for36rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The one that came with my coach (2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD, CAT C7) is entitled RECREATIONAL VEHICLE CHASSIS / Operator's Manual / Maintenance Manual and is labelled STI-425 / A24-00788-000. Internally, different pages have different dates on them, so it looks like they may continually update the bound manual with the latest pages without necessary changing the part number.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #3

We agree with Chris. The generic manual is continually updated as changes are made is what Gaffney told us. The one with the same number you referenced (A24-00788-000), mentions procedures for DEF, for instance, and our vintage coaches obviously do not use DEF.

The reason the instrument panel gauges and other controls do not match up with the illustrations in the FCCC manual are that Freightliner Custom Chassis used the same chassis for quite a few coach manufacturers at the time (Fleetwood, Newmar, Tiffin, etc.) so the dash layout, gauges, and controls will be generic illustrations not specific to Winnebago.

The Winnebago manuals will give the locations and functions of the controls, etc. You probably already have that but click here if you don't.

I believe we have a separate CAT manual in our packet but I haven't checked the black bag lately so I can't remember what it looks like.
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I have an 04 and that is the manual they sent me. I think it is the best you can do.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

FWIW....Freightliner does allow RV owners to register and have access to their website that provides extensive service, parts and maintenance information. It will also provide you data (such as axle type, steering box, etc.) specific to your chassis. I have used it several times to assist in a couple of issues I had. I will say that not all of the service info up there is absolutely crystal clear re my coach. But it is a wonderful source of info that may help you. The parts info is very helpful.

The process to gain access can be somewhat tedious and time-consuming, but the effort is worthwhile. You might want to check it out....
Old 12-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Ditto on the FCOC web site. If you have any questions about the web site call, 1-800-FTL-help.

A second suggestion, join in on the Wednesday evening Freightliner chat room. It's at 9:00 PM EST every Wednesday.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins powered Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Honda CRV, tow-N-4 Down, U.S. Gear Unified Tow brake, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I don't know if this might help you - towards the lower right side is operator & maintenance manuals. Owner Information
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, manual, freightliner