Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Chassis Air and Heat

Recently, our Max Air stopped working on our 2005 Adventurer. We happened to be at a Workhorse service center, and the technician told us that this is caused by a vacuum switch problem and that the part involved (the 3 rotary controls on the dash) needed replacement. Shortly thereafter, the chassis heat stopped working.

We ordered and replaced the electronic control panel. Max Air is now working, or at least seems to be, but the heat still isn't working at all. We're just getting ambient temperature air blowing.

We've printed out the Winnebago tips sheet on the chassis heat, and it seems that this is probably a Winnebago, not a Workhorse issue. Anybody had any experience with this issue? I can't find a diagram for the chassis heat system. Can you direct me?

Thanks in advance.

Janjanjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Tom n

I have a problem with my 2002 Adventurer dash heat. I saw your post which showed diagrams for "wiring" and "vacuum" but they were too small for me to follow. You also posted a link for (presumably) the same diagrams, but when I tried to get them I got no further than people.consolidated.net.
I don't know that this is what I need, but I am looking for an electric or vacuum lead which controls the air blender doors in the dash heater box.
Could you post these again or email them to me at [email protected]?
Thanks
Dave Williams (dhwgulf).
dhwgulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I was finally able to expand your diagrams, and traced all the vacuum lines as well as the electric feeds. All have checked out. Thanks!!!!
I finally found the electric leads to the baffle/door under the passenger side by standing on my head. There are several options to hook up these leads, and after many tries, I found the correct option - I have heat!!!!! This may be only a temporary fix, but since my next trip is in April I will not change anything until I next need a/c.
Thanks to Tom N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Glad I could be of help.

I stumbled upon the diagrams ~8 years ago. I thought the vacuum line diagram may come in handy eventually. The heat/AC system is a hybrid Winnebago/GM system.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
Glad I could be of help.

I stumbled upon the diagrams ~8 years ago. I thought the vacuum line diagram may come in handy eventually. The heat/AC system is a hybrid Winnebago/GM system.

-Tom
Using your diagrams, I was able to trace all vacuum lines and determined that they were all ok. Thanks.
Then I used the wiring diagram and found, standing on my head, in the cabin, passenger side, the connections to the baffle/blender door. I moved the connections several times, and, lo & behold, I got hot air. I will not change until after the next trip in April - then we will see.
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST - IT WAS MOST INVALUABLE.
Thanks again!!!
Dave Williams
Old 12-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
Glad I could be of help.

-Tom
Thanks for posting them. I saved them into my WH info file. Could come in real handy someday.

Tags
chassis