Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-29-2006, 02:04 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Installed 12V ceiling fan; works well & is quiet. Installed it at the bedroom center ceiling light location. There is about one inch fan blade clearance at the slide when retracted (in my rig's configuration). Easy install.

Am posting this because other posts on this subject indicated noise and balance problems. None here.

Ordered from Lichtsinn Motors, Forest City; $134 (in Brass finish).

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Installed 12V ceiling fan; works well & is quiet. Installed it at the bedroom center ceiling light location. There is about one inch fan blade clearance at the slide when retracted (in my rig's configuration). Easy install.

Am posting this because other posts on this subject indicated noise and balance problems. None here.

Ordered from Lichtsinn Motors, Forest City; $134 (in Brass finish).

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Old 05-01-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We bought a ceiling fan from Camping World ($79) and installed it in our bedroom also. Clears the slide with plenty of room, is quiet, remote controlled, attractive and moves plenty of air. We also put it in the opening for the center ceiling light. 04 Journey 39K
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:11 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Sounds like you got a good deal; probably the same mfr. I opted for a brass finish on mine; maybe a few more bucks plus S&H.

Thudman

Old 05-02-2006, 10:43 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Did you use the same light switch for the fan and what do you do now for light in the bedroom??? Thanks
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Did you get the ceiling fan because you like the looks of it, or because you thought it would move the air better than a "Fantastic Fan" type fan? And if you have or have had both, which one does a better job overall? We have the fantastic type and like it very much, but I'm curious about which type actually does better. I know with our fan running on low and a window open at the other end of our RV the air is very comfortable and we rarely have to use air conditioning.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:49 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Ichn: I had two ceiling lites; one at ceiling-center, which was a 2-bulb unit, where the fan was installed. The other was a 1-bulb, near streetside the window. I rmvd the 1-bulb & installed the 2-bulb there. Also put in a small On/Off switch to control the relocated lite fixture (cuz the wall lite sw has to be On for the fan to operate (remote control unit).

Easy: I have the Fantastic fan but it's in the bath area & is an exhaust fan only. Don't know if that's what your'e speaking of. Anyhoo, I prefer to move the air in the warm months, to supplement the A/C in-between cycles. IMHO, leaving the A/C fan On continuously is a bit too noisy. The ceiling fan is silent, and can provide satisfactory cooling (in many cases) without the A/C.

Difrnt strokes.

Thudman

Old 05-02-2006, 04:54 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Thanks thudman, I only have one ceiling lite in the bedroom. There are two reading lites in the headboard but would be difficult to get to if they were the only lites..Thanks again ,,, jim
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:56 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Our fan is white with brass trim. Nice looking.

The light the fan replaces was on a dimmer switch the rest of the lights in that room are over the dresser and at the head of the bed. Plenty of other lights in the room so I don't miss the ceiling one.

Our fantastic fan is also in the bathroom and is alot noiser than the ceiling one not that it matters.

During the day when it's VERY hot out I close the air conditoner vents in the bedroom and just turn the ceiling fan on to move the air. Works perfect and keeps that area cool enough for the cats to have great naps. The extra cold air is pushed to the front vents.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote