Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-20-2007, 12:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago 2000 ultimate freedom 40'---have 2 bay lights that work and the others will not turn on when bays are open.Changed bulbs and still nothing I find it odd that 2 works and nothing else---- checked breakers---this on spartan. I s there something Iam missing
new to rving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago 2000 ultimate freedom 40'---have 2 bay lights that work and the others will not turn on when bays are open.Changed bulbs and still nothing I find it odd that 2 works and nothing else---- checked breakers---this on spartan. I s there something Iam missing
Old 05-20-2007, 01:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Should be a switch on every door to activate the lights. Have you checked those switches?

I had to replace one of mine recently.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

smlranger----no I haven't---- did ck the plugs themselves and no power to them but there are still 2 cargo bays that have lights
Old 05-21-2007, 11:02 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

There is also a manual switch on every light that must be in the on position or they won't light.

A lot of my lights are mounted with the switch on the backside. sorry if I am stating the obvious...

I looked at the wiring diagram for your coach:
www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2000/133508.pdf

it looks like most if not all are tied together power wise. The 2 that work, are they side by side?
Old 05-21-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

New to Rving: If you have to replace the door switch it is easy and cheap. I replaced my cargo door switch with the "universal door jamb switch, Pep Boys Part No. 85931, by Conduct Tite." This is an exact replacement for about $5.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:23 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Gary CA-----Do you think the other switchs could go bad all at once?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">have 2 bay lights that work and the others will not turn on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I doubt the switches are all bad. A few of mine have to be wiggled a little sometimes, but then come on. On my Advantage, there is a master "cargo light" switch just inside the door on the panel with the porch light, cargo locks, awnings, etc. When that switch is off, there are still a couple of my compartment lights that will come on, but most will not.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:40 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

AFChap----thank you very much that was my problem I haven't had the coach very long and did not know what the switch was for when I read the label above the switch ----now it makes perfect sense. Thank you so much for your imput still have 1 or 2 that are not working so that could the be the cargo door button switch but no major problems like I thought. Again thank you

Bill
Old 05-21-2007, 05:57 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

McDUFF----Thanks for taking time to look at my problem but I had a switch off that I did not know what it was for----Thanks again