Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Cabinet Tape

I have a 2000 Adventurer and the taped (1" wide) used on the cabinet seems needs to be replaced. The of the cabinet color is Waterford and it has been discontinued. Does any one know where I can purchase some or a product I could use in place of it? I've tried Lichtsinn already.
TM303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

A WB dealer should be able to order some for you, have to know the color etc. I have some for my cabinets.....glazed maple

......ooops did not see that it has been discontinued....might try a big box store.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Lowe's and HD carry a faux wood edge tape that is a neutral color. Buy some of that and then a small can of stain and stain it. If you need darker, just stain again. I did this when I put my TV in and it blends perfectly.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
KIX
Winnebago Master

Perhaps Mobility RV in Hanlonton, IA. They have lots of older Winnebago stuff. Perhaps they'll have the tape for your discontinued cabinets. Have your Winnebago serial # ready when you call
Old 01-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

In 2001 they went to Portsmouth Oak which may be close enough. On mine I don't recall any plastice faux wood tape on the joints between the cabinets only the vinyl wood look edging.

The Portsmouth Oak was used up to 2008 in the Access so it may still be available for you to use if you find it suitably close.

When I bought my coach the previous owner had this thing for white plastic hooks which were glued to just about everywhere imaginable and pealed off the veneer when ever they tried to remove a broken one leaving a void. I started putting wood appliques and other decorative elements to cover up the damage and then just matched them up the closest MinWax stain I could find at the HomeDepot. I did order some Portsmouth Oak panels from Winnebago to use only where I absolutely had to.

Did you call Winnebago directly to see if they had anything that was a close match? When I started going through mine in 2006 the dealer told me that Portsmouth Oak was not available and I was on my own however a call to Winnebago customer service got me the "discontinued" material.

After going through their brochures stepping back through the model years I see that they must have some funeral parlor of law office decorator choosing the woods lately as there is not a unmuddied blond finish on anything recent. Guess I won't be taking home a new Winne any time soon.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

TM303

I want to thank everyone for the good advice. I will try Winnebago and started looking at the big box stores.
TM303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I was able to find some contact paper at one of the big box stores that matched (or at least close enough to suit us) our 2001 Horizon.
johnnyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabinets, tape, waterford