Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2006, 01:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

While at the Quartzsite Rally I had the Ultrapower with Taylor wires added by Brazels. From the first time you step on the gas toy know it is an awesome improvement! I enjoyed just over 1 mpg increase on my trip home with some windy conditions. The most noticeable improvement is in the feeling of power that was added. It accelerates much better and pulls the toad almost like it isn't there. Needless to say, I am very pleased and can't wait to get behind the wheel again!

2005 Itasca Sunova 30B/Workhorse
Robert & Kiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

While at the Quartzsite Rally I had the Ultrapower with Taylor wires added by Brazels. From the first time you step on the gas toy know it is an awesome improvement! I enjoyed just over 1 mpg increase on my trip home with some windy conditions. The most noticeable improvement is in the feeling of power that was added. It accelerates much better and pulls the toad almost like it isn't there. Needless to say, I am very pleased and can't wait to get behind the wheel again!

Old 02-01-2006, 02:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Robert,

We also had the Ultrapower & Taylor wires installed at Quartzsite. Also, the cool air filter system. We are still here for a few more days so have not had the chance to evaluate the package yet. Did notice the power improvement on the way back to the site.

Before they programmed the Ultrapower they checked the GM program version & updated to the latest. At my request they also programmed the electric engine fans to run for a short time after engine shutdown to help dissipate the heat. Will see how that works on our trip back home.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I thought a dynometer was needed when doing this modificaiton???

Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:18 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

So what are you talking in $$$$$. Is it realy worth the $$ cost?
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

You can send your ECM to them & they will program it for you. No dyno needed for the ECM/Plug Wires. It was well worth it for me but is expensive at well over $1000 with lifetime program guarantee...Probably never recoup my cost but I was after better performance and got it...

Old 02-05-2006, 06:11 AM   #7
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DancinCampers:
At my request they also programmed the electric engine fans to run for a short time after engine shutdown to help dissipate the heat. Will see how that works on our trip back home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>When we checked in here at the Seasons In The Sun Motorcoach Resort in Mims, FL an HR Endeavor came into the campground, turned into the office registration area parallel to where I was, stopped, dumped the air brake and turned off the motorhome.

Although I was biting my tongue to give that driver a verbal lashing you should "never" pull off the road and shut off your engine "especially" if you're running an "RDP". The engine needs time to wind down and stabilize its temperature before shutting down. So let er' run for 3 to 5 minutes before shutdown. Your engine will love you for it.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:53 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We live near Brazels and had this done to our new Allegro Bay when we got it. What a difference. It was half the price of the Banks and you can feel the power when you start the coach. We've had it since April and have gotten 2-3 mpg increase on most trips.
Nedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> and have gotten 2-3 mpg increase on most trips. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, since the 8.1 rarely gets less than 7 mpg you're stating that since the re-programming you're now getting between 9 and 10 mpg??

A 2.5 mpg increase equates to $86 a 1000 miles (@$2.30 a gal).

This mod will pay for itself in less than 10,000 miles!!

What is wrong with Workhorse??? They should start programming the ECM correctly!

Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote