Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2005, 01:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2001 Adv. Wax it twice a year. It is keeping it's original look. But note that many other MH's at campgrounds appear to have a better shine than mine. This may have been on the forum before, but does anyone have suggestions on best wax to use? Have mostly used the Turtle Wax recommended in my owners manual. Just finished today with a carnuba wax with teflon. Looks OK but not as ggod as many I have seen.
Note that Fleetwood products seem to have a deeper shine than Winn. Could it be a better gel coat?
Old 05-19-2005, 01:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2001 Adv. Wax it twice a year. It is keeping it's original look. But note that many other MH's at campgrounds appear to have a better shine than mine. This may have been on the forum before, but does anyone have suggestions on best wax to use? Have mostly used the Turtle Wax recommended in my owners manual. Just finished today with a carnuba wax with teflon. Looks OK but not as ggod as many I have seen.
Note that Fleetwood products seem to have a deeper shine than Winn. Could it be a better gel coat?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:31 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Ronald,
Not sure if this will help, but here's a link to a recent discussion. click here
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 06:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

If you check out new motor homes and compare the finish of a fleetwood product against that of the winnebago , I think you will find that the fleetwood product has more "gloss" and depth to it. After a few years the difference gets even greater.
imgoin4it2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:14 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Well, maybe I can help with the gloss vs. semi-gloss shine. I had an opportunity to repair the rear cover panel and found all the paint requirements for the lower half of the compartments and found that DuPont calls for Imron finish with a dulling agent that is added to the paint to keep it from having a high gloss shine. I found this on the Winnebago Parts breakdown. I had body shop to repair it initially and it had such a high gloss shine that it did not match the rest of the motorhome. Then after researching, I repainted it myself and used the proper paint techniques and it matched. Hope this will shed some light on your issue. I use Mother's Carnuba wax, works good.

07 F350 Dually Ford Diesel
R Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:58 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

We've been looking around at DP's for the past year and found that the finish on "all" the Winnebago is very dull compared to every coach we looked at except for the friendship which was equal to or less then the Winnebago.

The Best finishes we found were on the American Eagles and Dreams, Beaver, Alpine and Up scale HR's the rest are really nothing to write home about like Monaco, Country Coach Very disappointing to say the least.

I used a lot of waxes and cleaners over the past years. This time when I waxed the roof I went over to Wally World and got a bottle of the old trusted "New Finish" It worked so good I used it on the sides looks supa good! Sometimes you can't beat a good standby. So far it has outlasted everything I used before, especially on the white gel coat and bottom storage panels.

Have a good day from Coos Bay!
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:36 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Sorry haven't been on forum for a while. Thanks for info provided by all. I keep trying different waxes and it always looks pretty decent after each wax job, but not as good as most I see at Camp Grounds. Guess I should just keep trying but not expect a deep shine. Just don't want my MH to look like many I have seen that have turned to a chalk look.

Ron Smith
2001 Adventurer 35U
Old 07-14-2005, 05:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Ron,
I use Turtle wax express shine. It is a spray on and then you wipe off. My 05 Voyage with 9200 miles looks BETTER than it did when I got it brand new. I NEVER use and soaps when I wash. Just use water and I use the Express shine once a month. It really keeps the dirt off also. Good luck
jonny33v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:03 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Well, I have used lots of products on my Moho and my boats over the years.
All have their good points. I just discovered GEL_GLOSS at Lowe's in a spray can and it really give a great shine yet I am not sure of the protection. There are many good products but I wash my coach with WashnWax often and with a little touch up here and there, mostly the front cap, it stays looking pretty good.
Can see the white lines of the highway reflected on the sides of the coach while driving down the road.

I think the key is to rinse the coach and WashnWax it often and this will keep it looking good. I like Starbrite boating products for the MOHO, I have used Rejex, NuFinish, Dri Wash , Starbrite Teflon and Starbrite Original Blue, But the GelGloss gives the best shine. It is also good for the counter tops in my rig and the sinks. Really made them stand out. Use Fromby's Lemon Oil on the woodwork. Hope this helps some. Good Miles and
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote